Guess what everyone? Jerry has already told you who they're drafting

VoR

Reaction score
Jerry has been shooting straight and dropped hints with interest in T.O. so if he is shooting straight, he's already told us who they're drafting.

(Hint #1) "When I've looked at this year and free agency, I think that free agency has helped our offense appreciably," Jones said. "We're not going to be able to make that kind of difference in a draft offensively, in my mind. We may be able to, in the draft, help ourselves defensively, right now."

(Hint #2) He would like to add 2 defensive players on day one and one offensive player (Jones on Fox Sports Southwest with Gosselin).

(Hint #3) Stated awhile back they wouldn't take a safety on day one. Also from the FWST "Jones said Coleman can play special teams, nickel defense and will compete for a starting role at free safety against Davis, Justin Beriault and Willie Pile." http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/14395782.htm

(Hint #3) When asked about DE's and LB's around the 18th pick by Goose, Jerry talked about about there being "tweeners" (Jones on Fox Sports Southwest with Gosselin). Lawson and Wimbley are the only tweeners projected in the first, Carpenter is a true LB - and Greenway, Sims, etc are true LB's as well. This with Goose's almost 90% accuracy on mock drafts because of his over 30 year NFL coverage and true inside info from ties to GM's -and he has Dallas taking Lawson. Even Kiper and just about everyone else has jumped on the Lawson to Dallas bandwagon.

Summary:
tweener around #18, 2 defensive and 1 offensive player on day one, no safety on the first day, no needs at CB, DE or ILB, no needs at QB, WR, RB or TE.

#1 Manny Lawson
#2 OL or NT/DT - Devin Joseph, Charles Spencer, Max Jean-Gilles, Daryn Colledge? (they've shown interest in all of them)
#3 OL or NT/DT - Rodrique Wright? Publications have him strong enough to play on the nose.(they've shown interest in Rodrique Wright, but drafted Spears and Ware without visits -Watson? Parcells seems to prefer lighter, more athletic NT's)

aikemirv

Reaction score
Summary : Dallas takes Carpenter as all this tweener stuff is just smokescreen!!

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I would agree with you, while the FS prospects are so so, they are more prospects than we have at the other positions you have picks for, the place where you might see a wierd pick will be late maybe a rb/qb/wr/or cb. the thing people ought to realize is that there are some positions you have more trouble picking up a vet FA than others, there are lots of FS vets, but honestly the nose for instance much harder to find anybody thats got anything left, conversely I think some positions can be picked up by a rookie better--cb and nt for instance...

DBoys

Reaction score
VoR said:
Jerry has been shooting straight and dropped hints with interest in T.O. so if he is shooting straight, he's already told us who they're drafting.

(Hint #1) "When I've looked at this year and free agency, I think that free agency has helped our offense appreciably," Jones said. "We're not going to be able to make that kind of difference in a draft offensively, in my mind. We may be able to, in the draft, help ourselves defensively, right now."

(Hint #2) He would like to add 2 defensive players on day one and one offensive player (Jones on Fox Sports Southwest with Gosselin).

(Hint #3) Stated awhile back they wouldn't take a safety on day one. Also from the FWST "Jones said Coleman can play special teams, nickel defense and will compete for a starting role at free safety against Davis, Justin Beriault and Willie Pile." http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/14395782.htm

(Hint #3) When asked about DE's and LB's around the 18th pick by Goose, Jerry talked about about there being "tweeners" (Jones on Fox Sports Southwest with Gosselin). Lawson and Wimbley are the only tweeners projected in the first, Carpenter is a true LB - and Greenway, Sims, etc are true LB's as well. This with Goose's almost 90% accuracy on mock drafts because of his over 30 year NFL coverage and true inside info from ties to GM's -and he has Dallas taking Lawson. Even Kiper and just about everyone else has jumped on the Lawson to Dallas bandwagon.

Summary:
tweener around #18, 2 defensive and 1 offensive player on day one, no safety on the first day, no needs at CB, DE or ILB, no needs at QB, WR, RB or TE.

#1 Manny Lawson
#2 OL or NT/DT - Devin Joseph, Charles Spencer, Max Jean-Gilles, Daryn Colledge? (they've shown interest in all of them)
#3 OL or NT/DT - Rodrique Wright? Publications have him strong enough to play on the nose.(they've shown interest in Rodrique Wright, but drafted Spears and Ware without visits -Watson? Parcells seems to prefer lighter, more athletic NT's)

Nice post

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
VoR said:

Summary:

#1 Manny Lawson

Good research.

While my first inclination is to say that Jerry isn't going to be honest about what they're thinking, it does seem that he rarely shocks us anymore.

The only real surprise in recent years, that I remember, is passing on Steven Jackson and trading completely out of the first round in 2004.

Even Quincy Carter's name surfaced in the two or three days leading up to the 2001 draft, so as horrible as that was, it didn't shock very many of us.

Jerry does tend to drop hints, and it seems like the focus is narrowing on the big outside linebackers ... or "tweeners" ... a word that Jerry apparently just recently discovered.

If Justice is there, that would be a possibility.

If they move down, that opens it up to some of the safety prospects, IMO.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
They are drafting me.....

I am the right height and weight for the ROLB position and am totally not a workout warrior, hell I didnt even go to the combine. So great workout stats are so not what I am about. I am a natural pick. I didn't do well in high school or college classes, so dont worry I am not smart and wont overthink plays and schemes like Manny Lawson and his la-ti-da engineering degree will.

I am far superior at run stopping than Manny Lawson and I base that soley off the opinons from these boards and draft reporters who never played a down of football in their life.

C'mon Jerrah make me rich I am the pick you need to get to the Superbowl NOW and hurry up since this so obviously Bill Parcells last year.

this was just to lighten the mood, I love you guys LOL

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
VoR said:
Guess what everyone? Jerry has already told you who they're drafting

AWESOME! I already know who we're gonna draft now (thanks to you!) so I don't have to actually sit through hours of draft talk waiting for the cowboys to pick!

:bow: