Gurode is the key injury

burmafrd

Reaction score
If he is out for a couple of games we are going to have lots of trouble.
This has been the glaring depth problem that no one wanted to talk about.
Proctor never played center in a real game- EVER. He did not do too bad- but Bigg was having to constantly help out and we got a lot of pressure inside.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Just plug in the almighty McQ. He seems to be the cure for everything else on the oline. :D

Eddie

Reaction score
The sacks mounted once Gurode went out.

It was discouraging. But even with him in there, I don't think we would have won the game.

Bad loss. But we learn from it.

Let's hope Andre makes a speedy recovery.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
eduncan22;1839623 said:
All of these guys need to be wearing knee braces.

Gurode was wearing one. That's why it's could be a minor injury and not a season ending one.

Woods

Reaction score
aikemirv;1839696 said:
What is the latest word on Gurode's injury?

He is supposed to have an MRI today.

That said, after Jerry talked to the trainers, the trainers didn't think it was too serious. Jerry said even though the MRI wasn't yet done, the trainers were pretty good at telling how significant injuries like Gurode's are even without the MRI. (I am assuming given the amount of experience the trainers have had with this sort of stuff.)

Fingers crossed . . . .

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Eddie;1839635 said:

It was discouraging. But even with him in there, I don't think we would have won the game.

Bad loss. But we learn from it.

Let's hope Andre makes a speedy recovery.

I think if Gurode doesnt go out and Tony doesnt get sacked that we had a chance to do something.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
When I saw Gurode go down I honestly thought "Game Over" even knowing full well what the offense is capable of.

He brings size, strength, great technique and most importantly this guy has way above average smarts which helps when he is making those line calls. He is not replaceable.

khiladi

Reaction score
That is the problem when you don't run the ball, and are always in pass protect mode. You can't dominate the line of scrimmage, and your OL is always in an upright position with the threat of getting hit in the knees. With this big of a line, you got to run the ball.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The key injury is Tony Romo's thumb.

I know he hurt it before, but we have a Saturday game, where he could re-injury it again and of course the Playoffs are around the corner.

Folks, If we have to roll with Brad Johnson in the Playoffs, it will be one and done.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;1839731 said:
I think if Gurode doesnt go out and Tony doesnt get sacked that we had a chance to do something.

its hard to speculate because romo was off so much, but the last two drives when romo had time he hit witten and owens.

He had no time the last few snaps he took. They were in his face right up the middle and he just couldnt throw the ball.

Plus the eagles coverage yesterday was better than people are giving credit for.

canters

Reaction score
IMO, Romo had a below average game,,,,the Eagles played their best D in awhile, and the Eagles O played keep-away long enough to keep our O off the field. 11 first downs in BAD. We will see this game plan again until we overcome it.

The Panthers don't have the players to do it, the "skins do. Then there is the playoffs. We better get over it quck.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Eddie;1839635 said:

The sacks mounted b/c it was clear we were passing on every down.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
canters;1839804 said:
IMO, Romo had a below average game,,,,the Eagles played their best D in awhile, and the Eagles O played keep-away long enough to keep our O off the field. 11 first downs in BAD. We will see this game plan again until we overcome it.

The Panthers don't have the players to do it, the "skins do. Then there is the playoffs. We better get over it quck.

This is precisely the gameplan they rolled out to stiffle the Patriots too.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A frightening sight

9:41 PM Sun, Dec 16, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Let me first say this: Cory Procter held up fine in the middle of the line, and the biggest problem really wasn't any fault of his.

But man, did that look like a different group without Andre Gurode in there and, if anything, that should be the clincher for Gurode to make a repeat trip to Hawaii. Whether communication was off, or the group was sliding or switching right, there were problems that allowed rushers to come free at Tony Romo and those problems are usually a result of either A) numbers problems or B) a lack of cohesion up front.

In the locker room after the game, all the linemen lauded the effort of Procter. And he was put in a tough spot, no doubt. Still, it's no coincidence that the Cowboys gave up a season-high four sacks today, and all of them came after Gurode exited in the middle of the third quarter.

"It’s a different situation," veteran Flozell Adams said. "But we all practice and play together. I speak for everybody on the offense line when I say, we have no doubt in Procter. He can make the same calls. We’ll be alright."

Taz

Reaction score
burmafrd;1839555 said:
If he is out for a couple of games we are going to have lots of trouble.
This has been the glaring depth problem that no one wanted to talk about.
Proctor never played center in a real game- EVER. He did not do too bad- but Bigg was having to constantly help out and we got a lot of pressure inside.

I think lehr is a good back up and probably starting quality center