Gurode "Shotgun" Snaps...

Reaction score
Okay stop me if you've heard this before...

PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS SOMEONE COACHING HIM UP ON THESE SNAPS!!! Pittsburgh and New York will gain an extra step each time with the "hang time" he generates (by the way...that is not a good thing)...

Why has this been allowed to go on for over 2 years??? Unless we are under the "at least they don't go over Tony's head anymore" approach to coaching again...

Four words...and they are easy:

MAKE A FREEKIN' ADJUSTMENT!!!

I am not asking you to do anything that a high school center can't do....Snap it hard, snap it straight, ideally raise it helmet level to get the QB's eyes up quicker, but don't float it!!!

:bang2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
It's not just you. Many of us have made the same rant. It's unfathomable that this hasn't been corrected by now.

Decleater101

Reaction score
This has been going on for so long, I had decided there must be some strange reason they are telling him to snap it so Romo has to JUMP and snag it before it goes over his head.

:eek:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HoosierCowboy;2451337 said:
Romo made some great one handed snags
I was wondering if anyone else noticed those one handers. It's almost as if the splint was helping him handle those horrendous snaps. At this point Romo expects the snaps to be high. He might actually mishandle a good one.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
wow.. i read the title of burress getting shot in the leg, and when i read this tittle i was "*** is going on in the nfl" lmao

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
djtavo;2451345 said:
wow.. i read the title of burress getting shot in the leg, and when i read this tittle i was "*** is going on in the nfl" lmao
:lmao2: :lmao2:

Dallas22

Reaction score
Chris, we've seen this every week for 2 years and even though it's surprising that this has not been corrected, I've come to expect those snaps :(

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am almost hoping we Draft a Center in 2009 and move Gurode to LG. His shotgun snaps scare me.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
gurode's snaps in shotgun formation are horrible
we need practice on that really
we need to fix it if we expect to do good in playoffs

Smith22

Reaction score
Hostile;2451385 said:
I am almost hoping we Draft a Center in 2009 and move Gurode to LG. His shotgun snaps scare me.

He struggled at OG in the past. I don't think that would be a good idea.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2451385 said:

Brilliant!! Problem solved:cool:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I didn't notice it much (aside from snapping over Romo's head a few times last year) until Romo came back. Before we criticize the guy, could this be by design to protect Romo's pinky in some strange way?

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2451446 said:
I didn't notice it much (aside from snapping over Romo's head a few times last year) until Romo came back. Before we criticize the guy, could this be by design to protect Romo's pinky in some strange way?

he did it last year too...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2451447 said:
he did it last year too...

I know, I mentioned it in my original post, but it seems more blatant this year, as if he's really doing it on purpose. I almost think it is to protect Romo's finger.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Isn't this about the same time last season when he started having real problems with this?

Givincer

Reaction score
It's absurd and embarrassing.

It's probably the biggest weakness on our offense - shotgun snaps. :laugh2: