Gut check time

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what this team's made of.

I think we'll see who the players on this team with heart are.

Right now....I'm not sure. Thomas is one. Ware is one....James maybe....

On offense....Witten.....Crayton....that may be it.

I think the players only meetings are lame. It's what desperate teams do.

But we're desperate.

Washington will either get a punch in the mouth.....or....they'll get an easy win.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
well heres where i was taught to congratulate the winning team.
good job NY Giants.
as far as our team.....not much to say, but if you had told me we could ever
look this bad, play this bad and have this many injuries and still be 5-4
i would never have believed it.
its all about scratching into the playoffs now....gotta get in there somehow
and hope the talent starts playing like they are capable of.

zack

Reaction score
Bizwah;2392681 said:

But we're desperate.

Washington will either get a punch in the mouth.....or....they'll get an easy win.

This team has zero heart and it clearly shows. Guys not trying to tackle people. This team clearly doesn't care. The fans care more about winning than they do.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
They're made of money and like money, a slight wind will send them scattering. They've all been paid for their nosedive in the playoffs last season and now they can relax.

I admit there's some heart at a few positions, but overall this team is as solid as that paper money they've been awarded for going 13-3.:rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not sure we have much guts left to give

we've been hit so hard in them already

I estimate that we've probably lost 80% of our gut matter on the season, 50% of them were lost today alone

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
vta;2392710 said:
They're made of money and like money, a slight wind will send them scattering. They've all been paid for their nosedive in the playoffs last season and now they can relax.

I admit there's some heart at a few positions, but overall this team is as solid as that paper money they've been awarded for going 13-3.:rolleyes:
That is a great post.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
zack;2392701 said:
This team has zero heart and it clearly shows. Guys not trying to tackle people. This team clearly doesn't care. The fans care more about winning than they do.
More overreaction. Zero Heart? I guess they played with zero heart last week too. GMAB. No team is going to look good playing the best team(record-wise) in the NFC on the road with a 40 year old backup throwing interceptions, over/under throwing wide receivers. The team played to what they were given today especially the defense. The team is limited into what they can do offensively until they get their starting QB back.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Gut check time was a month ago. The season is history.

This team needs a lot cleared out of the lockerroom before it's winning anything.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bizwah;2392681 said:

But we're desperate.

We have heart. The Tampa win proves it.

I think we knock off the Skins.

Eskimo

Reaction score
This team is soft and will wilt.

You just can't build a 3-4 with Rat, Thomas and James up the middle.

We have been further handcuffed by trying to play a 3-4 with Ellis as an OLB who drops back in coverage.

On the OL, they are also a marshmallow operation. Hopefully Houck will weed out the softies if you give him another year and get this group going in the right direction.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
my arse loves you windward

all the sunshine your pumping up it feels good on the anus

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we don't lack heart, we lack talent. romo, ware, witten. thats it. people think our team is so talented from the performance last year. that was all on romo and witten. one of the worst olines in the league doesnt help either(notice when romo came in for bledsoe they went from worst to probowlers).

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The only gut checking Wade will do is when he checks his gut to pull lint out of his belly button.

es22

Reaction score
Bizwah;2392681 said:

But we're desperate.

Exactly!!!!!

It is hard for TO to be a leader as the media would be all over him.

I cant wait to see the game in a couple of weeks. That is our season.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
6-1. I remember last year when everyone buried the Giants after starting 0-2. Then they buried them again after a midseason slump and you heard all these same things you hear about Dallas this year.

Eli can't play and turns it over too much. Defense is too soft and gives up too quickly. They don't have enough heart.

All they did was get hot, and peak, at the right time. Dallas will do the same this year and I really don't care who doesn't believe that. No one, including Giants fans, believed they'd do it last year either.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
There's no doubt we can still make the playoffs. Hell, we COULD end up 12-4. We won't, but we could. Injuries has been a serious problem, especially at QB where the staff failed to address the backup position in the off-season. But, other than Romo, this team should be able to overcome the other injuries without totally tanking. The team lacks leadership, desire, and heart. We're a lot like Hollywood celebrities. A lot of glitz, but no substance. That's got a lot to do with our owner. He's a publicity hound. He's a good owner since he wants to win, but he goes about it the wrong way. Everyone knows that a successful NFL team has to have some stars, but the role players, the grunts, are the ones that make a difference. We don't have the guys that are willing to give everything they have. Either that or our talent has been tremendously overrated by all of us.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
One thing is certain, and I don't think anyone could disagree. The Skins game in two weeks will determine our fate this year. Win and I think we'll get on a bit of a roll and make the playoffs. Losing after our bye and after getting many of our injured players back will crush what little confidence this team has left. The bottom line is we won't make the playoffs if we lose in Washington. Luckily, I don't think we'll lose.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
gut check was vs AZ and another chance vs STL.

we didn't show up.