Gutcheck Time

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Next Week's Opponent: Giants in Cowboy Stadium.

Whoever loses this game will be 0-2. Why is this such a big deal?

Washington looked dominant against arizona. Their D was stout, 2017's passing title champ Alex Smith was firing on all cylinders, and the got a steal in Adrian Peterson. AP had 165 all purpose yards. But the real reason: They play the Indianapolis Colts in Fedex Field. The same Colts who just got trounced by the Bengals. The same Colts with no run game, no defense, and Luck has clearly lost velocity on his passes. Alex is going to kill them.

Philadelphia made Matt Ryan look like a middle school teacher. Ryan Fitzpatrick is about to get a rude awakening. Desean will be out with a concussion, and they have no run game. Philly will be teeing off on a 35 year old qb. If you think you'll see a repeat of the guy who shredded NO, remember what happened to Case Keenum after he shredded NO. Tampa made be better than last year, but they're not good, they don't have a good D, and we will shut down their run game rushing 4 guys.

Imagine being 2 games back after week 2. I can't predict Philly will repeat, but I can guarantee you an 0-2 team will not catch us. I am worried about Washington. Shockingly worried, even. But if Dallas wants any chance to be in this thing, you need to look at that Jacksonville game closely. Jags scored on a fumble recovery, which means NYG allowed 13 total points. Fournette was completely shut down. Bortles was a non-factor. And then Barkley went to town on the best D in the NFL. Time to start comparing and contrasting, because one of these teams will be starting offseason extra early next Sunday.