Guys, could we get Urban Meyer or Les Miles?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
First, I am worried guys, im hearing that jerry jones isnt happy with parcells, and main plan a was let parcells coach for one year, then make run at cowher of the steelers.

now that if true parcells contacted giants indirectly and it hurt jerry jones, he felt betrayed, that he is content just to get someone like jim bates or norv turner till cowher gets free, if he wants the job.

and at same time again, while parcells is deciding, we just lost zimmer, other teams are loooking at coaches, and assistants, and were just sitting here.

so, i was wondering, what if we could get urban meyer, look at what he did at utah, then florida, 2 natiional championships, to me better than stoops. So, I say go get him, he is young and fiery.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Give me one good reason, other than money, why Meyer would leave the team that he just led to a National Championship, have to work all year long under the media scrutiny known as being the Dallas Cowboys' head coach, when he can stay at Florida and be a God?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't want Meyers.

Heck I love Rich Rodriquez coaching at WVU in my home state but I would not want him to coach the cowboys either.

I do not want college coaches that run college spread offenses.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well first, some college coaches want to make the run and be a pro football head coach, be the next joe gibbs, tom landry or shula or lombardi.

Next, you will get exposure as the Dallas Cowboys head coach, if you stay, and lead the team to 2-3 superbowls.

ghst187

Reaction score
Gross to both names. Like Meyer a lot as a college coach, but pros...maybe Atlanta with Vick could run his offense....

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Yes, Miles was a asst coach with the cowboys; thats why im thinking that les miles would be a good coach, jerry jones already knows him, at same time, les miles would know already the top college recruits and be ready for the draft.

kinda like when jimmy johnson came to dallas he was already head up on college seniors, etc. so miles would be the same.

dstew60105

Reaction score
ghst187;1304296 said:
Gross to both names. Like Meyer a lot as a college coach, but pros...maybe Atlanta with Vick could run his offense....

As a Gator, I like Meyer just where he is. Meyer also said he does not like the NFL game and will always be a college coach.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1304261 said:
First, I am worried guys, I'm hearing that jerry jones isn't happy with parcells, and main plan a was let parcells coach for one year, then make run at cowher of the steelers.

If jerry does want Cower and is just going to let us go thru the motions next year , I'm not sure after 35 years, I could support This team.

I say that with alot of emotions here,:cry3: but that would definitely not be in the best interest of this team or the fans that live and die with every game.

How do you think the team would react to JJ's plan of action?

Boy what a bummer.

Hailmary

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1304270 said:
I don't want Meyers.

Heck I love Rich Rodriquez coaching at WVU in my home state but I would not want him to coach the cowboys either.

I do not want college coaches that run college spread offenses.

I'm not crazy about college coaches running the spread offense either, but seems like more NFL teams are putting in spread packages so maybe it could work.

Also, Urban Meyers seems like the type of coach that can get the most out of his players. This may not translate well in the NFL, but I'd be intrigued to see what he can do at the next level.

amuze

Reaction score
If I'm Urban Meyer, I would stay perched on my throne down there in Florida. No reason for him to go anywhere besides the dollars, and I'm sure he could approach the AD about restructing his contract. CAn't remember the last college coach who moved up and had success in the NFL.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
What team right now in playoffs runs an offense like these college spread teams?

Saints? Seahawks? Colts maybe?

No thanks. I want a coach that knows his defense... specifically the 3-4.

Dont start with the 82 yards of offense by Ohio St. because most of us here on this forum could have shut down any offense last night coaching that defense.

Those players wanted that game baaaad. Doesnt hurt its full of speed and man-beasts in their front 7.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
PLEASE

no college coaches, and besides, if they don't teach D, I don't want 'em

now there's an idea, what great college Dcoordinator is out there?

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I don't want Miles. LSU was much too talented to have lost three games this year. I think they're going to decline some once all of Saban's recruits are gone.