Guys-NFL Draft Books are out, I got a bunch...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Guys-NFL Draft Books are out, I got SportingNewsDraft, EspnDraft,ProFootballDraft & Street & Smiths Draft, for you guys and ladies that want to get ready for their draft. I got mine at Walden Book store.

cleverusername

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Guys-NFL Draft Books are out, I got SportingNewsDraft, EspnDraft,ProFootballDraft & Street & Smiths Draft, for you guys and ladies that want to get ready for their draft. I got mine at Walden Book store.

do they have the recent free agency pick ups?

J-DOG

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
What's the Street and Smith's like?
That's the one I don't have.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Their about the same in regards to some degree. To me The Sporting News Draft is the best so far. Street & Smiths is just so so to me. They range from 6.99 to 7.99 plus tax. ESPN draft is pretty good too, more detail on some profiles of some players. Having just gotten them, I am still looking through them.. So will let you know more afterwards.
Now I did like Pro Footballs Draft, it had a sleeper draft picks in it, pretty good, I am checking those guys out. As soon as I get through them will let you know more. I am just getting ready for the Draft. I will have my own war room, posters with picks, dallas morning news picks. Now guy to really watch on picks, and he is pretty good, is The Goose. Hope that helps guys, will let you know more later.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Draft publications are worthless. By the time they hit the newstands they are outdated. For example, ESPN's was printed up in February. Look at everything that has happened between then and now never mind how much it will change by the end of April.

For the cost of these publications now days you can get the same source via the net by membership for a month and have the updated info.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I got the Sporting News last week for $7.99 :(

Expensive, but lots of good info on prospects and analysis of each teams needs. Also gives grades of last years picks and JJT says Jerry and BP will probably trade down for more picks.

It says Cowboys needs are...

1. RT
2. OLB
3. WR
4. OG
5. FS
6. QB

2005 grades...

1a. Ware/ A-
1b. Spears/ B
2. Burnett/ D
4a. - Barber/ A
4b. Canty/ B+
6a. - Beriault/ Incomplete
6b. - Pettiti/ D
7. Ratliff/ B-

SDogo

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
I got the Sporting News last week for $7.99 :(

Expensive, but lots of good info on prospects and analysis of each teams needs. Also gives grades of last years picks and JJT says Jerry and BP will probably trade down for more picks.

It says Cowboys needs are...

1. RT
2. OLB
3. WR
4. OG
5. FS
6. QB

2005 grades...

1a. Ware/ A-
1b. Spears/ B
2. Burnett/ D
4a. - Barber/ A
4b. Canty/ B+
6a. - Beriault/ Incomplete
6b. - Pettiti/ D
7. Ratliff/ B-

You can get a month of the online subscription for $4.99 with all the same updated info;)

gbrittain

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
Draft publications are worthless. By the time they hit the newstands they are outdated. For example, ESPN's was printed up in February. Look at everything that has happened between then and now never mind how much it will change by the end of April.

For the cost of these publications now days you can get the same source via the net by membership for a month and have the updated info.

I actually like them quite a bit. Of course the information is outdated as you say, but the the write ups on the players is what I get it for.

The beauty of having the magazine is going back 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 years to read what they said about a player. I am wanting to say I have the last 5 years of the Sporting News Draft magazine.

J-DOG

Reaction score
One of the best publications of draft info is the Pro Football Weekly book that comes out every spring for the draft.
This is different than the magazine which I have.
It's more like a book and if you are looking for scouting reports then this one has a lot of them.
Joel Buschbaum use to put together all of this info but since he passed they have carried on with the publication.
If you are looking for pictures of the players you will be dissappointed because this is almost strictly just scouting reports of the players.
It's expensive too.
About 20 bucks.

BigTex

Reaction score
J-DOG said:
One of the best publications of draft info is the Pro Football Weekly book that comes out every spring for the draft.
This is different than the magazine which I have.
It's more like a book and if you are looking for scouting reports then this one has a lot of them.
Joel Buschbaum use to put together all of this info but since he passed they have carried on with the publication.
If you are looking for pictures of the players you will be dissappointed because this is almost strictly just scouting reports of the players.
It's expensive too.
About 20 bucks.

I love PFW, you also get a free membership to their online Draft Guide with the purchase of the book. It's a good deal IMHO.

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:

I agree for the most part. ProFootballWeekly puts out a paperback book type that isn't as good as it used to be, but it's nice when you have several years collected. Then, you can go back when your team signs a guy in FA & see how well he was rated coming out. The one plus for PFW is that they wait until late March-early April to put thiers out. It is still outdated by the time you get it-not just as bad as the earlier ones.

SDogo

Reaction score
I do like to refrence them in the future as well. I typically buy the PFW one every year simply for that reason. I'm sort of ticked they went to magazine format this year instead of the paper. I liked the pull out in the middle that listed every player in the draft.