Guyton has texted back and forth with RG Zack Martin

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I thought I was tall he's huge
He really is HUGE. I don't watch college football, so had no idea who he was. Saw a quick video of him- he is a BEAST. His size, plus most are saying how athletic he is - great combo

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Many great players peak in HS or college....you can't teach size, length and footwork....but, you can certainly improve the use with proper coaching
I think the kid has the talent.

But those college awards mean something.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Great pick. If someone told me before the draft the Cowboys would address the offensive line in the 1st round while still trading down to pick high in the 3rd, I would have been elated.

And one thing this team deserves the benefit of the doubt with: when they pick OL in the first round they simply do not miss. A lot of of the technique criticisms we are hearing about Guyton are exactly the same things they were saying two years ago about Tyler Smith.

Guyton has every single physical trait you want in a left tackle. There will be some growing pains early, but he has the look of a ten year anchor.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He was a great pick...I don't care what the trolls say
I agree. I already love the guy. His attitude is right. His temperament is right. He isn't a choir boy and has the mentality that he wants to take his man DOWN. I love it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kid will be a monster and one of the best linemen in the league.
Just imagine if the Ravens had drafted him or the Niners. They would be giddy today and the media would be slobbering all over this kid. Since we drafted him...the trolls come out and attack. This guy has Orlando Brown traits, Erik Williams traits AND HIS TEMPER, and has the love of the game like Tyler Smith. I can now see why we honed in on him early.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Nobody knows how olineman will turn out so anybody on either side are just barking. That position one of the highest first round bust rates
I would like to know where you are getting your info from as the last time I looked at draft bust rates by position, OT was one of the most safest 1st Round Picks you could make.

In fact, I believe the only 2 positions that beat out OT as far as percent bust rate was RB and C. But that was only because so few RBs and Cs are first round picks in today's NFL.

If you have updated info, please share.

Thanks in advance.