Recommended Had the pleasure of meeting Charles Haley today

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He was at my place of work today and walked over to me to introduce himself. Like I didn't recognize him..... lol. Very well spoken, super nice man. Unfortunately It was a very brief meeting as he had an entourage with him and was obviously headed to another event of some sort. I suggested he fix the defense and he asked "me"? We spoke quickly about the game last night. Lets just say he wasn't impressed with the game last night, but concluded the conversation with "a win is a win".

I have to say it was the highlight of my day, month, and year. Wish I had more time to get a photo with him but he was in a hurry.

This team will never go anywhere until they can find another Charles Haley. I really miss watching him play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was at my place of work today and walked over to me to introduce himself. Like I didn't recognize him..... lol. Very well spoken, super nice man. Unfortunately It was a very brief meeting as he had an entourage with him and was obviously headed to another event of some sort. I suggested he fix the defense and he asked "me"? We spoke quickly about the game last night. Lets just say he wasn't impressed with the game last night, but concluded the conversation with "a win is a win".

I have to say it was the highlight of my day, month, and year. Wish I had more time to get a photo with him but he was in a hurry.

This team will never go anywhere until they can find another Charles Haley. I really miss watching him play.
I think the team is more in need of the type of DTs we had that allowed Haley to do his thing. There's no Tony Casillas, Russell Maryland, Leon Lett, etc., on this team. Not sure there's even a Chad Hennings.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think the team is more in need of the type of DTs we had that allowed Haley to do his thing. There's no Tony Casillas, Russell Maryland, Leon Lett, etc., on this team. Not sure there's even a Chad Hennings.
Everything you said is 100% accurate. I suppose I was alluding more to his passion for the game. Everyone remembers how he smashed locker room walls with his helmet while the team impatiently waited for Jerry to get off his butt and resign Emmitt. That passion doesn't exist on the current team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hope we'll draft a fast WR, a big, strong DT and a capable RB for 2025.
It may well serve to provide a nice start to the 2025 season.:thumbup:

A promising DE or two wouldn't be such a bad idea, either!

stilltheguru

Reaction score

I've been saying this is why paying micah is pointless. He needs atleast 2 people on the defense like Haley for him to succeed in real games

gtb1943

Reaction score
One he got diagnosed with his chemical imbalance he settled down a lot

though there are rumors he knew about the problem but waited until he retired before doing anything because he felt the medication would affect his play

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Just think of how much impact Micah would be on defense if he was like Haley in his demeanor. Not much talk, just action. Lead by example. Scare even your own teammates and hold them accountable.

RS12

Reaction score
Was the misding piece to the championship teams of the 90s. His inside counter move was what made him great. Can you believe Taco didnt want be mentored by him? How did that work out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

One of my all time favorite Cowboys. I would’ve been stoked as well. Haley was able to lead like that because he had a coach just as firey. I often wonder if Jimmy put him up to his outburst when he punched a hole in the locker room wall and yelled “sign Emmitt!”

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mazi was that guy last night. Did you watch?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Everything you said is 100% accurate. I suppose I was alluding more to his passion for the game. Everyone remembers how he smashed locker room walls with his helmet while the team impatiently waited for Jerry to get off his butt and resign Emmitt. That passion doesn't exist on the current team.
From what I've read, Haley was a handful in the locker room. He had passion for the game, but he didn't always show it in the best way, which is why San Fran traded him. Haley was a great addition to our team as a big piece needed for our defense, but I don't believe his passion would have gone over as well on a team without good leadership in place. I don't know if we don't have players with passion today. I think Haley would be a different player in today's environment on these teams. He was in the right place at the right time IMO.