Half of Top 10 trying to trade out?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Not worth it for us.

The only players I would trade into the top 10 for are a franchise QB or a franchise pass rusher but we are okay at both spots so no need to pay the big price to move up.

If an elite pass rusher fell to 7 or 8 I'd want to move up but there isn't one in this draft whereas the last draft had two in Von Miller and Aldon Smith. I'd have been happy with grabbing a player like that to free up Ware and take this defense to the next level. We'll have to develop our own and the guys with the best potential are Coples, Ingram, Mercilus, Curry, Branch, Perry and Irvin. Our best bet for one of these guys is to trade back into the late first or early second and take one unless there is one we really love and want to ensure we snare him.

I think Ingram is gone and I dont' want to trade up for him.

If Coples is there, that should be the pick. Otherwise trade down into the mid 30s for a shot at Whitney or Branch. If we miss them we should target Irvin in the 3rd.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Eskimo;4507722 said:
Not worth it for us.

The only players I would trade into the top 10 for are a franchise QB or a franchise pass rusher but we are okay at both spots so no need to pay the big price to move up.

If an elite pass rusher fell to 7 or 8 I'd want to move up but there isn't one in this draft whereas the last draft had two in Von Miller and Aldon Smith. I'd have been happy with grabbing a player like that to free up Ware and take this defense to the next level. We'll have to develop our own and the guys with the best potential are Coples, Ingram, Mercilus, Curry, Branch, Perry and Irvin. Our best bet for one of these guys is to trade back into the late first or early second and take one unless there is one we really love and want to ensure we snare him.

I think Ingram is gone and I dont' want to trade up for him.

If Coples is there, that should be the pick. Otherwise trade down into the mid 30s for a shot at Whitney or Branch. If we miss them we should target Irvin in the 3rd.

Yes
No trade ups please...way too expensive this early in e draft
Maybe if Claiborne fell out of the 10-which won't happen