Hall Of Fame Dinner Part 2

Henson Kills

Reaction score
Hello Again
Sorry guys i did'nt know if i should add to my first post or start a new one. If there is a better way please let me know. Any way here are some more pics. Enjoy

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/JohnMadden.jpg[/IMG]

This of course is John Madden i also got to shake is hand and tell him congrats. Another nice man.

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/TonyDorsett.jpg[/IMG]

The one and only TD Tony Dorsett getting on the bus after the autograph session.

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/DadIWithCharlesWhite.jpg[/IMG]

My dad and i with Charles White ( Reggie White's Father ) Nice man talked with us for about 1/2 hour. Shook his hand and told him he should be very proud & and that his son was one hell of a player. By the way charles was a 12 letter man in school so i guess we know where reggie got it from.

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/TroyAikman.jpg[/IMG]

Another pic of Troy leaving the dinner. I cannot say enough good about Troy you want to talk about doing things the right way and being a pro. With players like him it makes you proud to be a cowboy fan and what a speech at the induction. If you look up professional in the dictionary Troy Aikmans pic should be there.:bow:

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/JimKelly.jpg[/IMG]

Jim Kelly getting on the bus after the autograph session. Thanks for the Super Bowls Jim ( HA HA HA ):laugh2:

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/RayfieldWright.jpg
[/IMG]

Rayfield Wright at the dinner another nice man. And again what a speech. " I may not be a saint but i am a Dallas Cowboy " Yes Sir way to go Rayfield.

http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/WarrenMoon.jpg

Warren Moon At the dinner.

[IMG]http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/DSC02256.jpg[/IMG]

Joe Montana. Sorry for my french but what a **** ran by everyone like someone was chasing him to serve him with divorce papers. The polar opposite of Troy. Joe would not have pissed on me if i were wearing a 49er jersey and was on fire. Come to think of it if i were wearing a 49er jersey i would rather be burned to death then to suffer through that.:laugh2:

O.K. thanks for the welcome to the board guys. I hope you enjoy. I still have a few more i will post later. Thanks Again

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I heard Joe Montana was an A-hole so I'm not surprised by the brush-off.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Where did you get that tee-shirt with the Star, and the black neck and arm outlines?

I want one, just like that! That's a cool Cowboy shirt!

Thanks for the pics...you lucky dog!

:star:

P.S. A stupid question...but, what was served for the dinner?

Henson Kills

Reaction score
5 Stars
I bought it at Texas Stadium in 2004 when i went to the Browns game. Also Steak some kind of crab thing aspearagus (spell?) 2 bottles of wine walnut chesse cake and some kind of funky salad. Needless to say i'm a picky eater so i did'nt eat but everyone who did eat said it was great food.

Henson Kills

Reaction score
big dog cowboy
I did consider myself blessed for my luck that day. It's kind of funny though because before i met Troy i was kind of depressed. I went to the Hall Of Fame before the dinner and there was Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Dick Butkus, Anthony Munoz, Tony Dorsett & other retired stars & they were charging such crazy prices to get stuff autographed & they were behind fences so you could'nt even see them to take pictures unless you bought a ticket then i went to the tents were they were selling framed autograph jerseys of troy emmitt & others for like 2,500 - 3,500 and they were not anything special. It just got me down because everything in sports is such a business now not like when i was a kid. Now i don't begrudge these guys for making a dollar but it just seems to much like a business. Then i got to the dinner and Troy saves the day by being such a nice guy and granting me a pic. Life is crazy sometimes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i79.***BLOCKED***/albums/j138/bohi317/DSC02256.jpg

( Damn Joe Theismann! He told Lawrence Taylor that I owed him money. Oh, ****! There he is! )​

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Where did you get that tee-shirt with the Star, and the black neck and arm outlines?

Those are easy to make for yourself...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Those are easy to make for yourself...

:eek:

What shoe mean, Willis?

Do I come across as a seamstress?

OK, tell me how to make one...or, will you make one for me, size extra large? :)

I got money....

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Evidently Montana has become very money hungry since he retired, charging exhorbitant prices for everything he does and not showing up for charity events unless he gets paid a ton to do so. He has also avoided meeting with the fans if possible.

A great player but not really a great person.

I did hear that George Blanda has finally mellowed out some and was actually friendly to a couple of fans, something he never was when he was playing.

It is so awesome to see Rayfield Wright FINALLY get his due! He was an incredible player and now we get to see and hear what a wonderful person he is. His smile and demeanor are infectious and you could sense the joy in him when he was speaking.

Troy is The Man! A True professional and yet a humble guy who hasn't forgotten what got him there.

I envy all of you who were able to go to the HoF this year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Evidently Montana has become very money hungry since he retired, charging exhorbitant prices for everything he does and not showing up for charity events unless he gets paid a ton to do so. He has also avoided meeting with the fans if possible.

A great player but not really a great person.

I did hear that George Blanda has finally mellowed out some and was actually friendly to a couple of fans, something he never was when he was playing.

It is so awesome to see Rayfield Wright FINALLY get his due! He was an incredible player and now we get to see and hear what a wonderful person he is. His smile and demeanor are infectious and you could sense the joy in him when he was speaking.

Troy is The Man! A True professional and yet a humble guy who hasn't forgotten what got him there.

I envy all of you who were able to go to the HoF this year.

I don't know about anyone else, but, I had a hard time maintaining my composure while listening to "the Big Cat's" speech! :eek: What a player he was...

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
5Stars said:
I don't know about anyone else, but, I had a hard time maintaining my composure while listening to "the Big Cat's" speech! :eek: What a player he was...

What composure? I cried through the whole thing. It was so great to see him up there after all these years.

Some of you younger fans can't know what it has been like for us older guys who have followed the Cowboys since the early 60s. It hurts so much to see players from other teams inducted into the HoF while our heroes, the guys we watched every Sunday and agonized with when we lost, are passed over time and again.

It kills me to think of Bob Hayes, Chuck Howley, Don Perkins, John Niland, and many others passed over for consideration when we KNEW they were as good or better than the guys who are being inducted. That's why Rayfield's induction means so much to us older fans.

They need to have a special Dallas Cowboys induction where they induct a whole class of Cowboys greats from the Landry era.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
5Stars said:
I don't know about anyone else, but, I had a hard time maintaining my composure while listening to "the Big Cat's" speech!

Since you call me "Phoentic-Talon" ...perhaps I'll start calling you 5Tears!:rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Since you call me "Phoentic-Talon" ...perhaps I'll start calling you 5Tears!:rolleyes:

Call me whatever you want! Just DON'T EVER FORGET...the Cowboy "fandom" :lmao: has this, and you DON'T!

:lombardi:

:trophy:

:hammock: You think I'm shedding any tears? Well, I am...because I'm laughing at your Eagle "fandom"! See these tears...look...

:lmao2:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Call me whatever you want! Just DON'T EVER FORGET...the Cowboy "fandom" has this, and you DON'T! You think I'm shedding any tears? Well, I am... See these tears...look...

Stop crying 5Tears...
:lmao2: :nervous: :cry2: :cry: :nygwhine: (close enough)

Lol!​
Just kidding 5Tears...:cool: