Hall of Fame Game?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any rumors/facts about Dallas possibly playing in the Hall of Fame Game this year in Canton?

I thought I heard something about it on the Tony Kornheiser show... saying it'll be TO's Dallas debut, but I can't find any confirmation online as to what the teams will be.

I saw a ticket agency saying it would be Philly/Oakland, but again, I can see no confirmation of that either.

Anyway, if it is Dallas playing, it'd be cool to go out and see the game and see Troy get inducted.

DA FAN

Reaction score
It's too bad these 2 teams are playing, was hoping the Boys would be one of the teams as I will be there that weekend for the Enshrinement ceremonies.

I will be decked out in Full Cowboys gear for the game.

I'll find out how tough these fans really are since neither team will have home field advantage.

If none of their FANS talk trash to me, that means they have no backbone.

Just like real thugs, they only pick a fight when they have their whole gang there to back them up.

Hey Feagles and Black Hole FANS, I'll be wearing a #12 jersey with the name "DA FAN" on the back. Pay me a visit!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
How do they determine who plays in the HOF games ?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Jarv said:
283238sdc.jpg

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Jarv said:
I believe it's always one AFC and one NFC team... and they usually try to have teams that have a connection to some of the inductees.

I guess they're going with Reggie White/Eagles and John Madden/Raiders.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
hey some cowboys would actually be in canton!!!! but damn we're not going to play...another bias ;-)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's the NFL's way of saying, "Hey, you finally got more guys in HOF .. shut up and be happy"

Nav22

Reaction score
Dang.. in one of Peter King's recent MMQB articles, he DOES mention that he's been hearing that the HOF game will be Oakland-Dallas.

BigDave95

Reaction score
It's usually an EXTRA preseason game so the Raiders and Eagles will play 5 instead of 4. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys begged out of it to avoid having to play one more game and risk injury.

Murph80

Reaction score
BigDave95 said:
It's usually an EXTRA preseason game so the Raiders and Eagles will play 5 instead of 4. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys begged out of it to avoid having to play one more game and risk injury.
Exactly I am very relieved that the boys don't have to play in this game or go to London, Mexico etc. It would make us play 5 preseason games.

The real reason we are not playing in this game is because of the New Orleans game in Shreveport. Jerry wanted to play in this game to raise money for Hurricane relief.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
I heard Dallas has a nationally televised MNF preseason game on ESPN @ New Orleans.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Has anyone heard any rumors/facts about Dallas possibly playing in the Hall of Fame Game this year in Canton?

I thought I heard something about it on the Tony Kornheiser show... saying it'll be TO's Dallas debut, but I can't find any confirmation online as to what the teams will be.

I saw a ticket agency saying it would be Philly/Oakland, but again, I can see no confirmation of that either.

Anyway, if it is Dallas playing, it'd be cool to go out and see the game and see Troy get inducted.

Why would dallas play in the HOF game? I thought that dubious distinction is reserved for sucky teams with bad records? :D