Hall of Fame question...

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
OK, so Jerry Rice signs a one day contract with the 49ers this week and then officially retires.. So is he still going to be in Emmitt's HOF class? I say yes, no doubt.. I think the rule is just five years after the last time that he plays.. but my buddy thinks that it's five years after you retire so he won't be in Emmitt's class now that he is retiring "officially" this year.. Im 99% sure im right.. what's the verdict?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dont know ...... but if the greatest Runningback and the greatest wide out can go in together ..... that would be great

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Dont know ...... but if the greatest Runningback and the greatest wide out can go in together ..... that would be great
yeah, im torn.. i kinda dont want Rice to go in with Emmitt so that Emmitt can get all the glory that year.. but i kinda do want Rice to go in with Emmitt because like you said, it would be the greatest RB and the greatest WR of all-time going in together.. and it would be considered the greatest HOF class of all-time, so that would be cool..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Esp if Irvin went in too ...... those 3 guys have alot of history together

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
maxsports said:
5 years after retirement. He will not be in Emmitts class
wow!! if this is true.. i wonder if he did that on purpose so he wouldnt go in with Emmitt cause he wanted all the focus to be on him.. Rice is a classy guy, but he definitely likes the limelight.. now, i guess he will be going in with Deion and with Bettis.. i gotta say, i think i would be happier if this was true.. i want it to be all about Emmitt when he goes in..

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
wow!! if this is true.. i wonder if he did that on purpose so he wouldnt go in with Emmitt cause he wanted all the focus to be on him.. Rice is a classy guy, but he definitely likes the limelight.. now, i guess he will be going in with Deion and with Bettis.. i gotta say, i think i would be happier if this was true.. i want it to be all about Emmitt when he goes in..
It will be all about Emmitt when he goes in because of all the noise the Cowboys fans will be making. 9er fans will be far outnumbered.

Did I say Cowboys fans, sorry Rich Eisen I meant "frontrunners"