Halloween Flashback

anygivensun

Reaction score
I was reading today's Star Telegram article about the signing of Tony Romo on http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/286385.html when I ran across this quote:

"After going through Tony Banks, Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Anthony [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wright[/FONT][/FONT], Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe, Jones could say his search is over."

Man, what a list. It read's like chapters in a halloween nightmare. I had visions of the the 0-4 Cowboys meeting the 0-4 Commanders in what had to be the worse football game I've ever suffered through; of QC's affinity for the happy weed; the fizzling of the Drew Henson hype; of colorblind Vinny's penchant for throwing it to the other team; and Bledsoe's insistence that he was the man, when he just didn't have it anymore. The others in the list were like going to a friend's house for dinner and having to sit through the picture show of their kid's birthday party. I couldn't wait until it was over and I forgot as soon as I could. I hope we have opened a new chapter and we can stop playing gruesome QB roulette.

morieeel

Reaction score
I remember taking a tour of the lockers @ Texas Stadium and telling my buddies, that you know Ryan Leaf won't be here for long when he's the only player with his name taped on the locker as opposed to the name plates everyone else had.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
morieeel;1737751 said:
I remember taking a tour of the lockers @ Texas Stadium and telling my buddies, that you know Ryan Leaf won't be here for long when he's the only player with his name taped on the locker as opposed to the name plates everyone else had.

They say Tank's name tag is taped on his locker.

morieeel

Reaction score
nyc;1737893 said:
They say Tank's name tag is taped on his locker.

Yea, saw that somewhere. I guess its a statement thing. "You aint on the team till you earn it." But, I remember thinking Dwayne Missouri has his own nameplate but leaf doesn't??????