Happenings here in the Gulf...

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from our press release from here on the Carl Vinson about a maritime emergency we responded to in the middle of combat operations here in the Persian Gulf a few days ago...

The other pictures show the compassion and caring that is typical of all our
Sailors and Serviceman. It is a sequence of shots of one of our small boats
returning a Iranian mariner to his fishing boat. A few days earlier we
responded to his "mayday" call and evacuated a seriously ill young man from
his boat and brought him aboard for emergency medical treatment. Of course
when we returned him back in much better condition we also passed along some
water, food and other needed items. The neat part was the Master of the
fishing boat's response - "In all my years of fishing these waters, I have
needed emergency assistance 3 times and all 3 times the Americans came to
help. Please tell your Captain that no matter what our Government may say,
the people of Iran love Americans."

The full story can be found here

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Wonderful story, Irving Cowboy....and if there is anything you need or want via a care package, can you let us know?

Don't know if you're a dad, but Happy Father's Day to you out there in the Gulf.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
That is a fascinating picture if you follow the link. The aircraft carrier next to the dhow.

Great story, Irving.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this Irving. These are the kinds of stories that rarely make it back to us.

God Bless you.

Reaction score
Fair Winds and Following Seas... really, if ya need anything in a care package, I'd be glad to chip in...

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Wonderful story, Irving Cowboy....and if there is anything you need or want via a care package, can you let us know?

Don't know if you're a dad, but Happy Father's Day to you out there in the Gulf.
Yes, I have two handsome boys aged 15 and 10, and a beautiful wife waiting for me at home...

This is my 7th and most likely final deployment... it will be nice to finally be home for more than a few months before I have to go out to sea again...

Thanks for the offer LTN and ST77, I will put it out next time I get my guys together for quarters... and will let you know what they say... don't worry, I won't let it get out of hand!!!

Thanks for all the comments by everyone... this morning I got a few of the guys over here to see what you said and it really made their day....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey Irving Cowboy...

Tip of the hat to you...and a HUGE thank you...

...if there's anything we can send you guys from here...like Winicki, for instance...let us know.

All kidding aside, if there is anything you need, just holler.

Happy Fathers Day.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
Yes, I have two handsome boys aged 15 and 10, and a beautiful wife waiting for me at home...

This is my 7th and most likely final deployment... it will be nice to finally be home for more than a few months before I have to go out to sea again...

Thanks for the offer LTN and ST77, I will put it out next time I get my guys together for quarters... and will let you know what they say... don't worry, I won't let it get out of hand!!!

Thanks for all the comments by everyone... this morning I got a few of the guys over here to see what you said and it really made their day....
Yikes, 7th deployment...that's Larry Allen type 'seniority".

Please let your guys get out of hand, Irving Cowboy...I'm sort of the Martha Stewart of military care packages......

A very happy Father's Day to all of you out there in the Gulf... may the next one and all the rest forever after be at home. :)

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey Irving Cowboy...

Tip of the hat to you...and a HUGE thank you...

...if there's anything we can send you guys from here...like Winicki, for instance...let us know.

All kidding aside, if there is anything you need, just holler.

Happy Fathers Day.
Don't send Winiki... I feel sorry for the postal guy who has to carry him back with "Return to Sender" stamped all over him... I'll also feel sorry for whoever that sender would be... :)