Happy birthday to the late, great Harry Chapin

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe he gave about 30% of all his concert proceeds to charity, to fight hunger, and more than half his concerts were benefits. A very, very good man, with a unique talent for telling stories through song.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I believe he gave about 30% of all his concert proceeds to charity, to fight hunger, and more than half his concerts were benefits. A very, very good man, with a unique talent for telling stories through song.

I did not know that. People who make it a mission to feed people are wonderful humans...no one should be hungry.

catiii

Reaction score
And yet our government pays farmers not to grow food. That has always seemed obscene to me; and its been going on for like 60 years or more
Why they don't just BUY the food once its grown and then send it to the hungry?
Politicians. True scum of the earth
LIKE x 1000!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cats in the Cradle is probably a top 5 song for me. Definitely live by those lyrics now that I have kids. Always make time for them, no matter how busy work can get.
Hits a little close to home for me, but it's an excellent song. If you've never heard Sniper, check it out. He seemed to have an ability to get inside the heads of anyone he wrote about. And he usually added some humor, even to more serious subjects.