Has Woodson ever expressed interest in coaching?

vlad

Reaction score
Just curious with all this coaching talk going around and how Garrett is the best thing since sliced bread.

He was my favorite player and a great leader. I remember he was the one who went off when players were playing bones in the locker room and the team was doing brutal.

I randomly hung out with him one night (years ago, a week after the Henson signing) and I was not disappointed. You could tell he was intelligent, thoughtful, charasmatic and basically everything you'd expect.

Perhaps he doesn't want the grind and likes journalism because he sees the clowns who work for ESPN.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
vlad;1908707 said:
Just curious with all this coaching talk going around and how Garrett is the best thing since sliced bread.

He was my favorite player and a great leader. I remember he was the one who went off when players were playing bones in the locker room and the team was doing brutal.

I randomly hung out with him one night (years ago, a week after the Henson signing) and I was not disappointed. You could tell he was intelligent, thoughtful, charasmatic and basically everything you'd expect.

Perhaps he doesn't want the grind and likes journalism because he sees the clowns who work for ESPN.

I have heard him a while back saying he would not want to coach. Too bad I think the guy would make a very good coach.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1908711 said:
I have heard him a while back saying he would not want to coach. Too bad I think the guy would make a very good coach.
He needs to stay in broadcasting. Of the former Cowboys in the realm he is by far the best.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;1908714 said:
He needs to stay in broadcasting. Of the former Cowboys in the realm he is by far the best.

I know when he was asked the question about coaching he did not want to take on the hours of work required to do the job. Broadcasting keeps him close to the game with a lot less stress and pressure.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I think Woodson would make a good coach. Hell, I remember watching Woodson coaching Williams up on the sidelines when Williams was .. a beast. Of course, I'm not crediting Woodson for it.. I just think he would make a good secondary coach.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Hostile;1908714 said:

easily, it's not even close

vlad

Reaction score
btw, since we are all probably Woody fans in this thread you should know from my only experience in spending time with him, he's class all the way.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1908714 said:
I'd go with Moose.