Haslett fired

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Per ESPN Radio

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Can Haslett even smile?? I don't think I've ever seen him try. Every time you get a camera shot of him, it looks like someone ran over his dog. With gloomy, moody Parcells, we might have one hell of a LB coach if Haslett came to town.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Detroit
Kansas City
Green Bay
New Orleans
Houston
St. Louis
Minnesota
Oakland

Wow that is 1/4 of the league with new HC's next year.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Detroit
Kansas City
Green Bay
New Orleans
Houston
St. Louis
Minnesota
Oakland

Wow that is 1/4 of the league with new HC's next year.

Who knows, you may be adding Buffalo and Dallas to that soon not to mention there is talk of Holmgren leaving if Seattle does not make it to the SB.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
You wouldn't smile either if you were A) living in New Orleans, B) coaching that garbage, and C) putting up with the bums on that team and the umbrella dancing fool Tom Benson.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
would Haslet be the closest thing to a Parcells-like philosophy out there?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Haslett should of been fired 2 years ago, no surprise there.

Duane

Reaction score
Yeah, Saints fans have been calling for his head for a long time.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
This may not be "politically correct" to say, but getting away from that franchise and that city is probably not the worst thing in the world.

I'm sure it will hurt his pocket book some, but he won't have trouble finding a job as an assistant, ala, Gregg Williams.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who the hell is going to want that job?

TheHustler

Reaction score
Sarge said:
Who the hell is going to want that job?

I'll take it.

First order of buisness is to trade Duece, Joe Horn and all of their starting OTs to the Dallas Cowboys for conditional 6th and 7th round picks.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
You wouldn't smile either if you were A) living in New Orleans, B) coaching that garbage, and C) putting up with the bums on that team and the umbrella dancing fool Tom Benson.

Don't believe everything you see and hear on the news.

The suburbs of New Orleans, where most of the Saints players, coaches, etc. live fared okay. It was never impacted much by flooding from Katrina. I've already been in those areas a few times to visit friends. Yes, there is life in and around New Orleans, and people have started moving back. Some have their old jobs, and some are looking for new ones.

The main area that flooded was the ghetto along the east side of town, and I know that none of the Saints players, coaches, or staff live there.

This is the reason why the semi-permanent San Antonio home base makes no sense to me. The Saints facility is relatively intact in New Orleans and most of the families are back in their homes. It appears that Benson was really using this as a good time to move the team, at the expense of the team's win/loss record this season and the personal lives of all involved.

The Saints could have played most all of their games in Baton Rouge, but the NFL and Benson used hotel rooms as an excuse, stating that there weren't enough available to house the Katrina victims and Saints game goers. Their logic is flawed because they are both in the same, and also, they could have used cruise ships as hotel rooms. Tiger Stadium is about a block away from the Mississippi River.

The master planners claim that New Orleans will be a much more upscale town when the rebuilding is finished. The ghettos will not be there, and the roads will be fixed.

In a few years, it will not be a bad place to live and work, or coach a football team.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Oh, believe me, I know it's not as bad as the MSM try to mae it out to be, but I still wouldn't want to live there- was a nice place to visit though.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Don't believe everything you see and hear on the news.

The suburbs of New Orleans, where most of the Saints players, coaches, etc. live fared okay. It was never impacted much by flooding from Katrina. I've already been in those areas a few times to visit friends. Yes, there is life in and around New Orleans, and people have started moving back. Some have their old jobs, and some are looking for new ones.

The main area that flooded was the ghetto along the east side of town, and I know that none of the Saints players, coaches, or staff live there.

This is the reason why the semi-permanent San Antonio home base makes no sense to me. The Saints facility is relatively intact in New Orleans and most of the families are back in their homes. It appears that Benson was really using this as a good time to move the team, at the expense of the team's win/loss record this season and the personal lives of all involved.

The Saints could have played most all of their games in Baton Rouge, but the NFL and Benson used hotel rooms as an excuse, stating that there weren't enough available to house the Katrina victims and Saints game goers. Their logic is flawed because they are both in the same, and also, they could have used cruise ships as hotel rooms. Tiger Stadium is about a block away from the Mississippi River.

The master planners claim that New Orleans will be a much more upscale town when the rebuilding is finished. The ghettos will not be there, and the roads will be fixed.

In a few years, it will not be a bad place to live and work, or coach a football team.

As long as they leave Burbon street alone I will always be a fan of NO. :D

Three for one drinks? Whos not a fan of that? :bow: