Have any of you ever had the same finger problem Romo has?

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
Just so I can understand what Romo's going through,

have you ever had this type of injury (finger problem)?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2335114 said:
Just so I can understand what Romo's going through,

have you ever had this type of injury (finger problem)?

I've had lots of broken fingers over the years. Unfortunately, you need your pinky finger in order to throw properly. You can throw OK with one of your other fingers messed up but your pinky and your thumb are necessary for any kind of accuracy.

WG5516

Reaction score
Sorta... I fractured my middle finger in HS. Throwing the football was out of the question, I couldn't even grip it. Plus if you do get a hold of the ball, the throwing motion will be painful considering your finger will for lack of better terms, rattle a bit. Now if when I taped my middle finger and my ring finger together, it helped things a lot.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I was still playing pick up basketball games with a broken right pinky finger and two sprained thumbs it alter my shot and I am idiot at times when it comes to things like that

I also broke my index finger in Volleyball i played most the next two weeks favoring it. Yea it hurt like hell

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I've broken most of my fingers....some of them several times. The thumb is by far the most important digit in most cases...for obvious reasons. Fracturing any finger is moderately painful, but isn't usually detrimental to most functions. Unfortunately, it is for a QB. I personally wouldn't trust Romo throwing anything very hard or very far for some time. This sucks.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I haven't, but Kurt Warner has our own Roy Williams broke it or maybe that was his index finger?

and he wasn't right for a few years

the football rolls off your pinky when you throw a spiral, so it's going to probably affect Romo for the rest of the year, I just hope not longer