Have you ever seen Garrett fired up?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Not once. He always has this, "Oh well" look on his face. I think the attitude is reflected in our offensive players. There's no sense of urgency.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
He WAS fired up last season. I haven't seen him much this season, so I'll take your word for it.

This sucks. :(

StylisticS

Reaction score
yeah. Week 1 of last season against the Giants when he nearly beat everybody up after a big play. haven't seen it since.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;2333714 said:
Not once. He always has this, "Oh well" look on his face. I think the attitude is reflected in our offensive players. There's no sense of urgency.

Are you saying he is Wade Phillips? If so, you are off base. He isn't Jimmy Johnson, but he isn't Wade either.

Garrett is a logical break it down type of person. He is to the point and blunt. He demands people take ownership of their own issues and doesn't make excuses. (ie, Wade Phillips he is NOT)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;2333727 said:
Are you saying he is Wade Phillips? If so, you are off base. He isn't Jimmy Johnson, but he isn't Wade either.

Garrett is a logical break it down type of person. He is to the point and blunt. He demands people take ownership of their own issues and doesn't make excuses. (ie, Wade Phillips he is NOT)
I'd say he is LESS "excitable" than Wade Phillips.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
nyc;2333727 said:

Evidence for ANY of this?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not this year.

Last year he seemed to have a ton of emotion.

And last year everyone had emotion though because the wins were coming easily and in bunches.

We have already lost two games this year that last years team would have won.

Everything about this team looks off. And I am not going to get into when that started again! I am done bringing that up.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
theogt;2333730 said:

I would agree. However, IMO, the camera shows more shots of Phillips than of Garrett.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;2333730 said:
I'd say the difference is negligible.

I've never seen either of them on the sideline getting in their player's ***** because the offensive line is over there sucking it up or Andre Gurode developed temporary blindness like he's the freaking Apostle Paul.

No, when that happens, it's not Garrett or Houck or even Tony Romo on the sideline reading Gurode the riot act.

It's Terrell Owens.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;2333738 said:
I'd say the difference is negligible.

I've never seen either of them on the sideline getting in their player's ***** because the offensive line is over there sucking it up or Andre Gurode developed temporary blindness like he's the freaking Apostle Paul.

No, when that happens, it's not Garrett or Houck on the sideline reading Gurode the riot act.

It's Terrell Owens.
Agreed. Just saying...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;2333730 said:

I would somewhat agree, but remember. You don't have to yell and act like an idiot to get your point across.

btw I'm unclear what you mean by excitable. Excitable in gets very happy on a good play or rips people new ones on bad.

Wade is good 'ol uncle Joe. Garrett is more like. Do you job, or there is the door.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;2333747 said:
I would somewhat agree, but remember. You don't have to yell and act like an idiot to get your point across.

btw I'm unclear what you mean by excitable. Excitable in gets very happy on a good play or rips people new ones on bad.

Wade is good 'ol uncle Joe. Garrett is more like. Do you job, or there is the door.
Not really. It's more like, "Hmmm....let's stare at the play sheet with my legs crossed like a woman."

Reaction score
theogt;2333714 said:

No he sucks... Just like the rest of this uninspired offense from Firecrotch to Romo....

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
anybody hear ever hear of a non-excitable guy named Tom Landry ?

how did he work out ?

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;2333753 said:
Not really. It's more like, "Hmmm....let's stare at the play sheet with my legs crossed like a woman."

lmao...

Garrett still thinks he is just a QB coach. He only sits down to tea with Tony.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
poke;2333756 said:

how did he work out ?
:bow:

I personally don't care if they're excitable or not. Just balancing out the stupidity with more stupidity. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
poke;2333756 said:

how did he work out ?

I think theo's point -- not that I'm speaking for him -- is that everyone has said we need a coach who "fires people up" and "gets in people's faces" when the team isn't playing well. In other words, the opposite of Wade.

But has anyone ever seen Garrett do that?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with his personality, it's his tendency to outsmart himself that bothers me.

We have the most success when we run right. We have an injury at LG. In the 1st half yesterday, only 2 of Barber's runs are to the right. In the loss to Washington, only 2 runs to the right in the whole game.

Yesterday, we put Holland in for one five-play series, and that's the moment when Garrett decides to pull the left guard and lead Barber on a run to the right. The natural expectation is that if you're going to pull the guard, you'd do it with Procter in the game, since he at least can get out of his stance.

Garrett either loses focus at times or goes against expectations a little too much.