Hello

johnintx

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time poster...

I've been a Cowboy fan since I was old enough to like football...since Roger Staubach was winning Super Bowls and Jerry Jones was drilling gas wells in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Like most on this board, I'm not a fan of the current owner of the Dallas Cowboys. He's great at marketing the team and making money. He's horrible at putting a winning team on the field.

I live in Houston. There are many Cowboy fans here. There are more Texans fans here. Texans fans bother my wife and me because they hate the Cowboys more than they like their own team.

I'm not going to let a bad GM take my team away from me. I've waited 24 years for another championship. I may have to wait a lifetime for another one.

It's good to be part of the board.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I've been a Cowboy fan since I was old enough to like football...since Roger Staubach was winning Super Bowls and Jerry Jones was drilling gas wells in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Like most on this board, I'm not a fan of the current owner of the Dallas Cowboys. He's great at marketing the team and making money. He's horrible at putting a winning team on the field.

I live in Houston. There are many Cowboy fans here. There are more Texans fans here. Texans fans bother my wife and me because they hate the Cowboys more than they like their own team.

I'm not going to let a bad GM take my team away from me. I've waited 24 years for another championship. I may have to wait a lifetime for another one.

Welcome to the opining side of the board!

strollinruss

Reaction score

I agree on the Texans’ fans being complete morons. Some of the most uneducated fans on the planet. But I am in the minority on JJ and Garrett. JJ is a great businessman and has kept the Boys relevant despite the on field performance. Let’s see what happens next week and in the playoffs before I holler for a new coach

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

So you've been stalking us for a year and a half? I knew I was feeling creeped out for some reason. --JK.

:welcome:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome john, I always ask longtime lurkers why they waited but I won't this time. Oh, what the hell, yes I will. Why wait to wade on into the shallow end of the pool?

I moved to Texas in 1976 and travelled the state and found that anything Dallas has is just not fine with Houston and vice versa. Most the people I've met in Houston think Dallas is stuck up and all about themselves and they'll get no argument from citizens in Austin, San Antonio and especially, Fort Worth.

I lived in Dallas for a total of 25 years and never found any hominess to the city and always felt there was something phony about it. It is the perfect place for Booger though, they love their money and to show it off. I am surprised he didn't put that boat on a trailer and drive it through town to show off. Dallas is the perfect city for the team that is the most valuable, most profitable and most watched while accomplishing very little. It's all about appearances.

john, welcome again, nice to have you here and don't forget to visit the Off-Topic Zone, that's where we get drunk and have a bunch of laughs and it serves as a reminder to the 12 Steppers why they needed to stop drinking.

johnintx

Reaction score
Welcome john, I always ask longtime lurkers why they waited but I won't this time. Oh, what the hell, yes I will. Why wait to wade on into the shallow end of the pool?

I moved to Texas in 1976 and travelled the state and found that anything Dallas has is just not fine with Houston and vice versa. Most the people I've met in Houston think Dallas is stuck up and all about themselves and they'll get no argument from citizens in Austin, San Antonio and especially, Fort Worth.

I lived in Dallas for a total of 25 years and never found any hominess to the city and always felt there was something phony about it. It is the perfect place for Booger though, they love their money and to show it off. I am surprised he didn't put that boat on a trailer and drive it through town to show off. Dallas is the perfect city for the team that is the most valuable, most profitable and most watched while accomplishing very little. It's all about appearances.

john, welcome again, nice to have you here and don't forget to visit the Off-Topic Zone, that's where we get drunk and have a bunch of laughs and it serves as a reminder to the 12 Steppers why they needed to stop drinking.

Thanks! I lurk on many boards, but only post on a few. I don't like to spam threads to increase my post counts, and there is usually someone that says what I am thinking.

I grew up a Cowboy fan in Oklahoma. I've spent 14 years in Houston, and spent 14 years in Fort Worth. Your comments about the city of Dallas are spot on. I've found that people in Houston hate anything that comes out of the city of Dallas, especially the Cowboys. Dallasites tend to look down on Fort Worth and ignore Houston. Dallas has been called the home of the $30,000 millionaire. People in Fort Worth love the Cowboys, though.

Xelda

Reaction score

Welcome! You type like one of the faithful, so we're glad you graced us with a post.
I agree on the Texans’ fans being complete morons. Some of the most uneducated fans on the planet. But I am in the minority on JJ and Garrett. JJ is a great businessman and has kept the Boys relevant despite the on field performance. Let’s see what happens next week and in the playoffs before I holler for a new coach
It's always good to see someone that doesn't want to make JJ and Garrett walk the plank. I only want to see it for a couple of days after a loss, a full week if it was devastating.