help anyone

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
hello, i'm hoping someone here can help me with a computer problem i have.

last night i was flipping from site to site and this message came up:

Runtime Error!
Program:C:\ProgramFiles\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

now, my computer is acting weird, i can still get online, but i have to click the rocket at the toolbar instead of signing in the regular way. i also have to maximize the screen every time i go to a site. if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it, thanks, lane.

i have windows xp, if that helps any.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What browser are you using? Did you install Yahoo search bar and/or other browser addons? If so, try uninstalling those (the yahoo addons, not your browser) and see if it fixes it. If it does, then try reinstalling them. Could just be a bug or bad file from the addons.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'd run the scanner at housecall.trendmicro.com as well. Scans for spyware/virus and it's absolutely free.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:
What browser are you using? Did you install Yahoo search bar and/or other browser addons? If so, try uninstalling those (the yahoo addons, not your browser) and see if it fixes it. If it does, then try reinstalling them. Could just be a bug or bad file from the addons.

Was thinking the same thing....It sounds like a problem with a Yahoo search/browser bar.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
This is precisely the reason why my C: drive is just big enough to hold Windows XP.. (about 3.5GB). Everything I install goes onto the D drive... I back up my C: drive with Ghost every week and if cr@pola like this ever happens I've got an easy out... and my backup partition takes up minimal space. Just a suggestion... but the Restore should work unless you have it turned off.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
hey, downloaded pc onpoint for 37 dollars one time fee, seems to have fixed the problem. computer running like new! thanks to who ever is responsible for the ads at the top of the thread. thanks to all that responded, i am grateful there are so many good, helpful people here.

peace, lane