Henson Highlights (Video)

jdnalls

Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
3rd play - Steps up and throws out of bounds rather than take a sack or force an INT.
And who said he doesn't have that stong of an arm. He seemed to just launch that pass with a flick of his wrist.

Bababooey

Benched
Reaction score
VirusX said:
And defending on the TD was who? Ed "The Man" Reed.

Im very impressed with henson. Hope he plays thursday so we can see if he is the consistent qb we need.

This line of thinking is what worries me.

Too high of expectations are put on the kid after one series. I think expecting Drew to be anything other than a rookie QB who will make his share of mistakes is the wrong thing to do.

Im as excited as anyone about his showing but I also know that we will have to endure those growing pains, just like with did with Aikman.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
its eerie, but its almost Aikman-like, and he even resembles him with the helmet on

David

I missed this post when it was posted I guess, I pointed that out long time ago. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that.

rags747

Reaction score
Looks damm good to me...if he is'nt starting from the first game next year I will be highly pissed. Early to say but he sure looks like he has much more than Manning as far as arm strength!
:D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
with a little patience from the organization and fans, henson will be just fine. he just kinda flicked the ball on the TD and it zipped into his target. i like the fact that he has good touch to go with the strong arm.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Excellent vids, and thanks for taking the time to edit em so we can see the future QB of Dallas. Next year he should shine as our starter..... :D

lspain1

Reaction score
OK, I'll bite on this one. What makes Peyton Manning so good? He has the physical tools, yes, but there is much more to success than this. The ability to react quickly under pressure, recognizing what the defense is trying to do with a glance and making good decisions the great majority of the time are all part of a successful qb. It seems to me that Manning has an almost mystical (sorry about the adjective) connection with a great receiving corps in that he knows what they are going to do before they do it.

This is something that Brett Farve, for all his ability, did not have in his last game. It is something Aikman and Irving had. I do not know if Henson has this ability. We will never know until he plays as leader of the offense with good receivers and at least fair O-line play.

Simply put, I do not see what the Cowboys gain by leaving him off the field. What will he learn being on the sidelines? How does watching help him get rid of the rust? The people on this board rapidly evaluated Hutch's talent level as insufficient to achieve great success in the NFL. The debates here revolved around was he better than Carter, not that he was a great prospect.

BP and his staff (and most of you on this board) are better football guys than I am. :D I wish they would enlighten me about the best way to "bring along" a raw prosect with good physical tools. Maybe some of you folks here can explain to me how this gets done. Inquiring minds want to know.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Kinda funny....reading about how he is surveying the field when not once did he look away from his receiver that he was going to throw it to. This is the NFL not college. He had that tendency in college and is going to HAVE to get rid of that tendency.

Outside of that, I liked what I saw. Definately a fast release.....not like the release that VT has.....VT's is so slow that you don't need to defend your man until he starts to wind up to throw the ball.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Please look at the Joey Harrington thread and note how much college performance translates into being "the one".

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
AceofSpades said:
3.38MB lo-quality no sound
11.1MB hi-quality w/sound

Great Vids...thanks...I'd be interested in seeing the Chicago games vids also, if you have them. I, for one, did not think he was ALL that bad on Thanksgiving. Yes, he made some mistakes, but he made some plays also.

We'll never know, but I bet we would have won that game anyhow if Henson stayed in.