Here are a few potential trade/cut RB candidates to keep in mind as TC approaches

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Maybe Pierce, the rest are not anything better than what we have. We just need accept that all in means we are done looking for additions, the players here need to step up.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think any team had a lazier offseason than the Cowboys. The RB situation reminds me when we let Murray walk and didn't bother drafting an RB. We signed Mcfadden, brought in a couple guys from Seattle in Turbin and Michael, and had Mr. Me undies ready to show all the meat left on the bone.

McFadden ended up being a bright spot so maybe Elliott is this year's Mcfaddens?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ask yourselves exactly how much either of our “GMs” know about any of these players.

Every NFL GM ought to know a lot about every player in the league and I promise ours do not.

Example: McClay to Stephen in mid to late August….”we should trade for this RB, it’ll probably cost a fifth round pick.”

Stephen ends up saying that’s too pricey while knowing nothing about the player. I’m convinced things like that happen routinely. The person making the ultimate call needs to have their hands dirty. There needs to be one vision. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t….but what they currently do doesn’t work, and they don’t seem willing to change. A little more luck ought to lead to three more playoff wins in a row.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Ask yourselves exactly how much either of our “GMs” know about any of these players.

Every NFL GM ought to know a lot about every player in the league and I promise ours do not.

Example: McClay to Stephen in mid to late August….”we should trade for this RB, it’ll probably cost a fifth round pick.”

Stephen ends up saying that’s too pricey while knowing nothing about the player. I’m convinced things like that happen routinely. The person making the ultimate call needs to have their hands dirty. There needs to be one vision. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t….but what they currently do doesn’t work, and they don’t seem willing to change. A little more luck ought to lead to three more playoff wins in a row.
You're right I doubt Jerry and Stephen know a ton about all the players around the league, but most GMs probably don't know as much about players as we think they do. There are 1700 players in the NFL and outside of the QB and the top 10-15 guys on each team they probably rely heavily on scouts and coaches to fill in the rest.

Will McClay fills in the Jones gap on player knowledge and I think generally they trust him but want final say on player acquisition and contract talks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Definitely don’t see us trading for an RB prior to the season. If we trade for one, it will be during the season if we realize what we have isn’t working. We could pick up a cut casualty.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You're right I doubt Jerry and Stephen know a ton about all the players around the league, but most GMs probably don't know as much about players as we think they do. There are 1700 players in the NFL and outside of the QB and the top 10-15 guys on each team they probably rely heavily on scouts and coaches to fill in the rest.

Will McClay fills in the Jones gap on player knowledge and I think generally they trust him but want final say on player acquisition and contract talks.
Right, and it’s like me telling you how great a movie was instead of seeing it and knowing so yourself, and me then asking you to invest tens of millions in its distribution.

They routinely just leave gaping holes instead of what they call “overpaying.”

Anyone’s opinion doesn’t matter….it doesn’t work, and they aren’t up for change. They continue to say it’ll eventually work.