Here's a link to some good highlight videos

Duane

Reaction score
Good sign, all of our guys besides Beriault have film on them.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
YOWZA....great stuff...thank you mucho....

Now, either Kevin Burnett just makes very good highlight clips or we got ourselves one heck of a LB...

bags

Reaction score
if you click on the video camera you can watch the highlights for free

That being said: i was grinning from ear to ear in the ware video when he was being tripple teamed and still broke through to the qb!

hank2k

Reaction score
bags said:

That being said: i was grinning from ear to ear in the ware video when he was being tripple teamed and still broke through to the qb!

Right, an amazing play!.

Where was this site before the draft???

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ware has very underrated strength and speed.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
bags said:

Yep, if you click on the little camera icon you get the videos. If you just ckick on the name... then that takes you to a place where you have to pay.

Watching those videos... I'll tell you what... When Spears gets to the QB or ballcarrier, he arrives with a LOAD! He moves so well for a man his size that when he gets there, he hurts you.

He's going to put some guys out of some games... mark my words.

Wow.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
You blink and Ware is by you.....very quick ist move.....excellent strength.

Spears is monster.......

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Is there no way to save those videos to the local computer? I haven't been able to accomplish it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
So Marion wears #21? He's going to have to change numbers.

You don't think we'll give him the double deuce, do you?

Gaede

Reaction score
Ware is fast...Wow!

Love the clips of Burnett demolishing Jared Lorenzen also

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
So Marion wears #21? He's going to have to change numbers.

You don't think we'll give him the double deuce, do you?

:) Good question.......I doubt he gets #22 but you never know.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
One word just sticks out watching Canty .... PROTOTYPE.

Now, that's the way a defensive end should look. Give him the #72.

Manster54

Reaction score
Wow. Thats all I can say about Ware. Both Spears and Burnett seem to be intense players, which the D really needs. Even the 7th rounder from Auburn looks good-Quick on his feet for a big man-may be converted to linebacker in the 3-4

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Ware closes the gap to the QB very fast. It is like watching a cheetah chase down a gazelle. I love it. Spears a beast! We finally got some players on the D.

Duane

Reaction score
Ware has really long arms and a super burst. He gets off the line, gets a hand on the QB and it's all over.

ghst187

Reaction score
My thoughts:

Ware: just from this video I see him play with amazing speed, uses his great wingspan to put on some really great passrush moves, what I DON'T see is a great initial burst off the snap, which I hope he gets. That was a great attribute of Haley, Haley was off the ball so fast the OT was stunned. Ware is a phenomenal athlete though for sure.

Spears: Have seen the guy play a dozen times anyway but this guy moves like...well...the big cat Leon Lett for a guy his size. I'd love to see Spears at DT in a 4-3 and he'll be great at DE in a 3-4. Plays at 300 like most guys do at 250. Great pick.

Burnett: Saw this guy play a ton of times, he is what he is....he kept his FS athleticism when he put on weight and moved to LB. I think he was a GREAT pick in the second. Second best LB IMO only to DJ and Burnett is a much better tackler and takes on blocks much better. Every game I saw Burnett play, I was impressed with him. He'll probably take someone's place (Singleton?) and Burnett will be a big improvement and make more big plays, esp in run support. He's been labeled as not being a passrush capable LB but I don't buy it.

Barber: I saw him play a lot and I think they left out a ton of his highlights. I've seen him break a lot of long ones and make some amazing cutbacks that weren't on the video. He was phenom in Minny's bowl game last season. Actually runs a lot like Julius IMO but maybe just a tick slower. Good vision, great balance. Some places have him listed at 212, others at 225. Somewhere in between is a good playing weight for him. Also, he's a terror catching the screen pass out in the flat. Always plays his heart out, fun to watch. Great pick! Couldn't help but notice that he carries the ball just like Tiki Barber post fumbling problems.

Canty: I think this was the money pick. This guy looks like a man-child. He really reminds me of Jevon Kearse with his height and the agility with which he moves. Crazy tall too, try throwing over him with his arms up. I honestly won't be terribly surprised if Canty ends up better than Ware. Canty can anchor DE in a 3-4 or a 4-3. Terribly exciting thinking of these guys lining up with the great vets we already have in Fergi and Glover. I think McNabb is going to start dreading playing us finally. I really do. This guy gets his eye and knee straight...he could be superfreak.

Petitti: I was really impressed with this guy. Looks fairly quick-footed for such a monster. I really think he'll give Tucker a run for his money. He handled the speed rusher pretty well but that part of his game will have to improve at the next level. Definitely seems the BP-part: blue-collar, steady producer, hard worker, good kid, LARGE. I really was looking for Browner, Butler, or Shazor with this pick but I think we may have gotten a steal...we'll see.

Overall, this was the best draft I can remember as far as the players we got and where we got them. I thought Ware was a little high and it hurt me physically to pass on DJ but I'm optimistic. I have definitely been one of the harsher skeptics on our drafts but I couldn't be a whole lot happier with this one. What esp stood out was our day 2 guys. I think they could really produce and they all seem tons better than most of the guys we've drafted on day 2, even Ratliff in the 7th. I'll never forget some of our recent day 2 guys like: BJ Tucker and Justin Bates....Bruce Thorton and the Purdue CB I'm still wondering about too.
We covered more holes and solidified our defense more with this draft than I ever could've imagined and a few things are for sure: 1) we got a LOT bigger
2) SOMEONE on our team is going to be able to get to the QB
3) We went from VERY thin to VERY DEEP on the DL
4) We got MUCH faster and more athletic at several spots

We got one of the BPA at every pick, and that is all you can ask for, years of reaching has taken its toll on our roster. This is me elated....