Here's a name at defensive end

ksadler1

Reaction score
If I have to hear Jones say one more time how "they feel good about this or that possition", or "we've got guy's coming back", I'm going to shoot my TV. I believe in building thru the draft, but the good teams are always kicking tires on guys like this. This D needs needs to be built before Dak and Zeke's rookie contracts are up.....

John813

Reaction score
Interesting player I haven't heard of before.

With the line in its current shape, he would get his wish of being an everydown DE here. :(

Sydla

Reaction score
I think the problem for the Cowboys here is that he hit's the big 30 next birthday.

Then the Cowboys are misguided. To cut people off because they are 30 is foolishness IMO.

The guy was productive at age 29, he might not be a big cap hit given his age, and he likely won't hurt you over the next 2-3 years.

This notion that someone signing a productive player who might be 30 years old as some sort of progress stopper is stupid IMO. You have a real shot to be the top team in the NFC the next 3-4 years. A guy like Addison attempts to fix your biggest need and won't be some contract anchor on your cap (I am assuming that.......... for all we know some team might drop a huge check on him).

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Then the Cowboys are misguided. To cut people off because they are 30 is foolishness IMO.

The guy was productive at age 29, he might not be a big cap hit given his age, and he likely won't hurt you over the next 2-3 years.

This notion that someone signing a productive player who might be 30 years old as some sort of progress stopper is stupid IMO. You have a real shot to be the top team in the NFC the next 3-4 years. A guy like Addison attempts to fix your biggest need and won't be some contract anchor on your cap (I am assuming that.......... for all we know some team might drop a huge check on him).

I don’t disagree with you; I’m just making the comment that recently the Boys have stayed clear of older free agents and they’ve gone for the cheap end of the available talent.

I do think someone will pay more than the Boys will be willing so combining the two will mean he’s off our radar.

Then again I could be wrong ;)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think the problem for the Cowboys here is that he hit's the big 30 next birthday.
He also has been described as a one trick 3rd down pony.

I like the player, but at 30, he basically has one big contract left and will take the dollars that we will not have to offer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys FO like that old movie...Wild In The Streets...came out in the late 60's. 68 or 69....
When people turned like 25, or maybe it was a bit older. They shipped them off to camps. Said they were too old to make decisions. Then they started treating the younger kids the same way the older adults treated the 18 to 25 or so age range.
so at the end, a kid, around 12 or so, said they were going to get rid of anyone older than 18.....

It was a political satire based on lowering the voting age from 21 to 18. As part of the Vietnam war about why can they send kids 18 to fight but not let them vote.

Sydla

Reaction score
One thing I don't want to hear, which we heard a ton of last offseason, was this notion that signing a vet would be a "progress stopper".

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I don't want to hear, which we heard a ton of last offseason, was this notion that signing a vet would be a "progress stopper".

Need to have players to stop their progress, and from this last season, there were no players in that category. I am sure we will hear it again. But I am all for that vet player this year.
Last year I did say it a few times. This year I will try to refrain from it.

ksadler1

Reaction score

I agree. These are the type of signings that our rivals make that bite us in the butt because we're too damn stupid to take the chance. I'm not saying to break the bank either, but to overlook the value in some of these players is foolish.....