Here's a nice stat to consider...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Listening to Norm on The Ticket right now and he brought up that the Cowboys have outscored their opponents in the first half of the last 3 preseason games by a combined score of 44-3. Take from it what you will but remember, the 1st half of each of these games included most of our 1st and 2nd stringers that were playing.

Pretty impressive even though two out of the three opponents were New Orleans and San Francisco.

This incredibly gifted defense that we have is going to have to get a nickname real soon. I've been promoting Doomsday Cubed for quite awhile now but I do like one poster's suggestion of "Legion of Doomsday". It's not quite unique but what I do like best about it is that it pays tribute to past legendary Doomsday defenses that we have had before.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
That is outstanding. That's only about 15 pts a game.....We need to be at 17-20.;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
That is outstanding. That's only about 15 pts a game.....We need to be at 17-20.;)
Actually, that's 15 pts per half. An average of 30 pts per game.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
theogt said:
Actually, that's 15 pts per half. An average of 30 pts per game.

You are absolutely correct!!!! With our D... We average 30 pts a game we're going to the big one in January. ;)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They also mentioned that the first string defense has not given up a TD yet. Best stat of all.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to rain on the parade but remember, two of our games have been against the Saints (a team that has a well known horrible defense) and the 49ers (a team that's just horrible).

Preseason is what it is ...

jja050575

Reaction score
yeah, but we also shut down the high scoring superbowl runner ups too. rain on that parade!! ye ha!!