Here's my Cowboys depth chart

sago1

Reaction score
Parcells depth chart may get out over the weekend but I thought I'd post those players who will end up making the team.

If Cowboys were allowed 56 players, I'd keep Thompson/N.Jones & Hurd but 53 is it. Fortunately Cowboys have several weeks before cut down to 75 required.

Offense:

3 - QB Bledsoe/Romo/Henson
3 - RB Jones/Barber/Polite
4 - TE Witten/Fasano/Hannam/Ryan
9 - OL Adams/Kosier/Gurode/Riveria/Colombo
w/Proctor/Johnson/Pettiti/McQuistan
6 - WR TO/Glenn/Crayton/Copper/Rector)/Green
25 - Total Offense (Hurd/Baptiste go to PS)

8 - DL Spears/Ferguson/Canty w/ Ratliff/Johnson-Stanley/Ellis-Hatcher
8 - LB Ware/Ayodele/James/Singleton w/Burnett/Boiman/Carpenter/Glymph
3 - S Williams/Davis/Watkins
5 - CB Newman/Henry/Glenn w/Reeves/Coleman
24 - Total Defense

1 - LC Lacouvier
1 - K McBriar
1 - P Vanderjagt
1 - KS don't know his name
4 - ST

Total - 53

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Copper's going to lose his spot, and I think we'll keep either Polite or Ryan not both.

kenai

Reaction score
Seems like it would be best to have Vandy kick instead of punting...and let's keep McBriar as the punter! :)

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Hurd may stick. I'm curious about Miles and how he's doing also.
Rector probably sticks as a ST, WR/DB if for no other reason, his versatility.
I don't think Copper ever turns into anything at WR but his ST may be the diff.
I agree that I don't think Berault makes the 53-man roster...doesn't sound like his knees will ever allow him. There are several DBs currently on the roster that won't make it. I think there will be one more CB that makes it in addition to your list...maybe N Jones..?
Polite will make it, rest assured, as will Fabini.
Will be interesting to see the 3rd RB, either TT or D Summers. I think D Summers could be the better RB but TT gives us something on KRs. I guess Summers could go to the PS. Polite can't be your #3 RB though. He's the H-back/FB.
I think Parham makes the PS also.
Its going to be a tight squeeze and there will be some guys cut that are decent and guys that we'd like to keep. Our PS will be maxed out with good players I think.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I think Hurd may stick. I'm curious about Miles and how he's doing also.

Miles was my sleeper to make the team before Training camp. He could still pull it off, but Hurd seems to be way in the lead for that last spot. I think we'll only keep 5 WRs (TO, Glenn, Crayton, Green the top 4).

Copper is gonna have to do more then special teams to make the team this year.

I wouldn't mind if we kept 6 WRs though so we can keep Copper (or a different WR) although that would be unneccessary and would keep us from keeping a player at another position. It's likely gonna be 5 (at most).

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I see us keeping no more than 5 WR, and everyone seems to agree (incl me) that Copper might be gone.

Which is unfortunate - you'll notice a difference in our kickoff/punt coverage. He has been one of our top 3-4 ST guys for 2 years now.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I think Austin mIles will stick around on physical ability alone (maybe PS). Of all the young WRs in TC, he posseses the best combination of size and speed. If he shows a little on ST, I think he's in.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
I see us keeping no more than 5 WR, and everyone seems to agree (incl me) that Copper might be gone.

Which is unfortunate - you'll notice a difference in our kickoff/punt coverage. He has been one of our top 3-4 ST guys for 2 years now.

Agreed. We are NOT KEEPING 6 WR'S.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Polite can't be the 3rd RB. That leaves us incredibly thin.

This is a "fair" evaluation... maybe a C- Sago.

Please fix your obvious errors and resubmit-- OK?

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
suppose JJ goes down for a few weeks again.. then Barber is the only true tailback healthy? Polite might stay but they will keep 3 tailbacks, whether or not TT is one remains to be seen.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think we keep 5 WR's also, only 3 safties leaves us thin there, with 2 of them being starters, 1 more DB will take the 6th WR slot. Good post tho, looks good.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
I just don't see any way we cut Shanle. He started several games last year, he plays special teams, and he has one year of experience in a relatively new defense. No way we keep Glymph over Shanle.
Especially since so many of our LB's can play both positions.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I think Fabini makes the final 53 as depth in place of Proctor or McQuistan with one of those two heading to the PS.

Even though he's not looking that great right now, Fabini just has too much experience over the other guys not to make the final squad.

Remember Parcells said he could line Fabini up backwards and he wouldn't give up as many sacks as Pettiti last year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
austintodallas said:
I think Fabini makes the final 53 as depth in place of Proctor or McQuistan with one of those two heading to the PS.

Even though he's not looking that great right now, Fabini just has too much experience over the other guys not to make the final squad.

Remember Parcells said he could line Fabini up backwards and he wouldn't give up as many sacks as Pettiti last year.

Purcells also said we would be "OK" with Peter Hunter at CB and that Eddie George "Had some tread left on his tires".

I don't always accept what he says as being accurate. :)

MS17

Reaction score
Still early, but somehow I just think LB Fowler survives the cuts.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Purcells also said we would be "OK" with Peter Hunter at CB and that Eddie George "Had some tread left on his tires".

I don't always accept what he says as being accurate. :)
Very true but let me ask you this...

Let's say our starting tackles are Flozell and Columbo and they both go down.

Who would you feel more comfortable putting in the game...Pettiti and Fabini or Pettiti and McQuistan?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
austintodallas said:

That's what I thought too. But if the roster was finalized tomorrow Fabini would be cut. In fact he may ask for his release when he sees Parcells depth chart in a couple days.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
austintodallas said:
Very true but let me ask you this...

Let's say our starting tackles are Flozell and Columbo and they both go down.

Who would you feel more comfortable putting in the game...Pettiti and Fabini or Pettiti and McQuistan?

I would keep McQ IF we didn't think he'd make it to the practice squad.

If he shows enough that it's likely he'd be signed by another team then Fabinin goes. It's no more complicated than that.

I don't know of too many teams in this league that wouldn't be in trouble if BOTH starting tackles went down.

Plus you have Kosier who has played tackle... move him out there and plug Proctor in at guard or move Gurode to guard and put Johnson at center Or just put Gurode at guard.