Video: Here's to a fully healthy Romo next year

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One big takeaway from the video - we HAVE to get the deep ball back into the game plan.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Romo is great! Any QB who can take us to three consecutive 8-8 has got to be great!
Right?

Dude, you half to go to the library and read a book about football. I half read you dog Romo over and over, but you half never thought about the screw up of other players. If I half to send you a book about football, then you half to let me know.

I could say more, but I half said what I needed to say, so half it you way and dog him more and more. I half made up my mind, you know nothing about football and half tried your best to half a conversation, but half failed!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With the support he has got from the OL, defense and coaching staff I'd say his accomplishments are pretty remarkable.

you might be on to something. Pretty remarkable. And soon enough I might start liking 8-8 seasons. Pretty remarkable run by Romo so far. Hail, give me 7-9 next season and I might call that remarkable too. It's called lowering our expectorations. Romo has surely elevated his stats while lowering my expectorations.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dude, you half to go to the library and read a book about football. I half read you dog Romo over and over, but you half never thought about the screw up of other players. If I half to send you a book about football, then you half to let me know.

I could say more, but I half said what I needed to say, so half it you way and dog him more and more. I half made up my mind, you know nothing about football and half tried your best to half a conversation, but half failed!

Well, as lonk as I tried no one can fault me, yes?
I once tried to read a book but the security guard found it on my person and told me only the libary has free books.

Aven8

Reaction score
One big takeaway from the video - we HAVE to get the deep ball back into the game plan.

Yep.

What's funny is his arm looked fine during the Denver game. The coaches just went conservative all year.

I love the kid. He's masked so many insufiencies with this team and its coaches for so long it's not even funny. I pray he gets to play in a SB.

Coy

Reaction score
you might be on to something. Pretty remarkable. And soon enough I might start liking 8-8 seasons. Pretty remarkable run by Romo so far. Hail, give me 7-9 next season and I might call that remarkable too. It's called lowering our expectorations. Romo has surely elevated his stats while lowering my expectorations.

Kind of like Brees without Sean Payton right? Or his last ranked Defense, who needs good coaching or a good team when you are a great QB.
And by no means am I saying that Romo is Brees without Payton but common, you're making it sound as it's all Romo's fault, give him Payton as a HC for the past 7 years and he would probably have multiple playoff wins and maybe even a SB.
I guess it's the luck of the draw, Tony was dealt a very bad hand with Wade and Garrett and Brees got dealt a great hand with Payton.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Romo is great! Any QB who can take us to three consecutive 8-8 has got to be great!
Right?

You know..

I get mad at Romo, too.

But really..

..as I now clearly see..our team has been oversold too much to us as fans..

Romo clearly has not had the team around him to succeed like we'd have liked.

Plus, he's now gone thru 3 HC changes during his tenure.

Its by no means been the best of times for Tony.

I'm giving him a pass on things until we see how he heals.

Then again..drafting a QB to let him start the process would be wise.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
You remove him & you are going to 5-11 or worse, so yes, it is Great.

So what you are saying is we could have been 5-11 and gotten a top 10 draft pick instead of a 17th pick? Also, are you sure Orton couldn't have put up the same 8-8 record that Romo led this team to? I think Orton could also beat up on below .500 teams like Romo did.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were few and far between in large part because of Romo, too though. The routes were being run and Romo had pretty good protection, but often times he was looking for the short or intermediate routes-- probably because he didn't feel confident in throwing that far because of his physical state.

That's just speculation, but I mean, we saw Orton take a higher percentage of chances down field in the exact same offense.

Yes, and Orton did it with no chance of developing timing or reps in general.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
So what you are saying is we could have been 5-11 and gotten a top 10 draft pick instead of a 17th pick? Also, are you sure Orton couldn't have put up the same 8-8 record that Romo led this team to? I think Orton could also beat up on below .500 teams like Romo did.

First: Getting a top 10 draft pick doesn't mean all of the sudden a team gets better. Dudes are drafted all the time & turn out to be a bust, so let's not go there. Also, given we like to trade picks all the time ( usually BACK ), theres no guarantee we'd even Keep that pick.
Second: I like Orton. Think he's a decent QB but he's not at Romos level, nor would be able to carry this team the way Tony does. He'd have to have a lot more going right for him, to get this team to 8-8.
Third: Not impossible but considering Orton would still have that pretty bad Defense ( the last 2 seasons ) to have to cover up for, I'm not so sure about that. He sure as hell wouldn't have been able to keep this team in a close game with the Broncos this season, like Romo did.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Right. And those plays he made on defense were just amazing.

You half clarity and are sooo correct
And Jason Garrett cannot run the balll nor tackle but he still get a lot of flak, huh?
And even if we half a sterling defense, i do not think that a 16th rated overall offense and 24th-rated rushing offense would half done mush good this past season.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
First: Getting a top 10 draft pick doesn't mean all of the sudden a team gets better. Dudes are drafted all the time & turn out to be a bust, so let's not go there.

Yeah, you're right, it turned out horrible for SF....duh. If I have the choice of picking in the top 10 vs close to 20, I'm going to take top 10, I like my chances there a lot better. So 8-8 is a worst case scenario in my opinion. You lose the division, you don't make the playoffs, and you don't get a top 10 draft pick. What is so great about that? Dumb fans say... "Well, at least we were in it until the last game of the season...durr" 2 years ago the Giants knocked us out, then Washington, and now the Eagles. How embarrassing is that?

Second: I like Orton. Think he's a decent QB but he's not at Romos level, nor would be able to carry this team the way Tony does. He'd have to have a lot more going right for him, to get this team to 8-8.

While I agree Orton is not quite as good as Romo, I do strongly think he could get this team to the same 8-8 record Romo did. Romo beat BELOW .500 teams this year. If you go back to 2010 Kitna led the team to a better record than Romo did and averaged more points per game. I was extremely impressed with Orton's play against the Eagles. Dude hasn't started since 2011 and almost leads us to victory? He looked very good out there. That level of play would have certainly led us to at least an 8-8 season IMO. So leading your team to 8-8 is not at all impressive or worth the 108m contract we give Romo. Because of that big fat contract, our team is now broke.

Third: Not impossible but considering Orton would still have that pretty bad Defense ( the last 2 seasons ) to have to cover up for, I'm not so sure about that. He sure as hell wouldn't have been able to keep this team in a close game with the Broncos this season, like Romo did.

This one is just silly. So Orton wouldn't be able to get us the same "moral loss" that Romo got us? What kind of sense does that make?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Think I'm just not going to bother to get into debates with people who are incapable of anything other than dumping on Romo no matter what. It's a waste of my time & energy. Funny how the thread started out by showing what a healthy Romo can do, to lets pile on Romo again. Typical & by the usual suspects. If Romo ever does manage to take this dysfunctional team to a Super Bowl championship, please feel free to find the nearest bridge & leap off it & take the rest of your ilk with you. Thanks.