Here's what I would do to make us GREAT!!!

jps_tex

Reaction score
I would draft Antonio Cromartie at #18, and from day 1 I would have him cover T.O. 1-on-1 during mini and training camps. Let's use T.O. to make our young talented CB that much better. This would also give Terrance Newman 1-on-1 coverage with a very speedy Terry Glenn. This will get him ready for covering small speedy receivers this upcomming year.

Anthony Henry can then be a ball-hawking FS, and we already know that he can tackle. So, he should be able to hold down the fort back there. Plus he can act as a backup CB, and should be able to cover any TE in the league not name Antonio Gates 1-on-1.

Aaron Glenn would be our nickle back, and I think we are comfortable with that.

Justin Beriault, or however you spell it, and Keith Davis will be our safety backups, and Special Team gurus.

I would feel very comfortable with that, and I think our secondary can be the best that it's ever been in Cowboy history, believe-it-or-not!!!!! This will help our front 7 get to the QB.....oops I mean 8...can't forget about Roy Williams.

Let's give Kevin Burnett another year before we declare him a bust. If we aren't comfortable with him let's go get Thomas Howard, DeMeco Ryans, or D'Qwell Jackson (and move Adin outside) in the 2nd round.

jps_tex

Reaction score
Now that Marcus Coleman has signed, i would still draft Cromartie. Coleman only signeda 1 year deal, so not only would we get a very talented young CB, but it would give him a year to get used to the speed of the NFL. Or, give Henry a chance to groom into the FS position.

J-DOG

Reaction score
I would put Marion Barber's name out there for trade bait.
We bring in Lindale White and Deangelo Williams as possible draft picks at 18.
Teams like Indy,Pittsburgh and Carolina will want to trade up to get a rb.
We at 18 listen to the best offers.
Indy has multiple picks in rounds 2 and 3.
Trade down and clean up in round 2 and 3.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I would draft Cromartie too... in the second round.

Any team that drafts a player that missed all of last season due to an injury and only started 1 game before that is begging for trouble. I like the player (I gave him praise two seasons ago), but I wouldn't make that risk. Not where there's much safer players available that are just as good, and at a position that we actually need now.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Rack said:
I would draft Cromartie too... in the second round.

Any team that drafts a player that missed all of last season due to an injury and only started 1 game before that is begging for trouble. I like the player (I gave him praise two seasons ago), but I wouldn't make that risk. Not where there's much safer players available that are just as good, and at a position that we actually need now.
He will not be available in the 2nd round. If Justice is not available then I would Love to have Cromartie.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1 said:
He will not be available in the 2nd round. If Justice is not available then I would Love to have Cromartie.

Too bad then. I wouldn't draft a player in the top 20 that didn't play last year due to injury and only started 1 game before that.

Again, there will be players just as good that are a lot safer and at a position of need. Cromartie very well could drop to late in the second. What do teams know about him other then his workout numbers? They know he's coming off a season ending injury, and has 1 career start. Not too many teams will be willing to take that kind of gamble. If they do, I hope it's a team in the top 17.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Cromartie has played like a 2:00 min. warning his whole college career. I wouldn't use a #1 on that guy. Talk about getting caught up in measurables.

Last year, Bill and Jerry both said that our first round picks are too valuable to take risks on. Basically they both said that they wanted to take a good prospect with a lot of upside but not a lot of downside. I don't think that outlook has changed in one year.

Jerry has been down that road a lot in the late 90's early 00's, and I think he's learned his lesson. I can't see us going Cromartie in round 1.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField said:
Cromartie has played like a 2:00 min. warning his whole college career. I wouldn't use a #1 on that guy. Talk about getting caught up in measurables.

Last year, Bill and Jerry both said that our first round picks are too valuable to take risks on. Basically they both said that they wanted to take a good prospect with a lot of upside but not a lot of downside. I don't think that outlook has changed in one year.

Jerry has been down that road a lot in the late 90's early 00's, and I think he's learned his lesson. I can't see us going Cromartie in round 1.
Right on the :money:

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
allen is better than cromartie and cromartie is not worth the first and allen might be there in round 3. cromartie was a dumb idea to start, i liked the guys statistics (size i mean, 6-2 215 right?) but he is not worth a #1, i dont like him with our #2 either . . .

Tristan

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing earlier today, in regards to drafting Lendale White or Deangelo Williams and then offering one of our RB's to Indy for their late first. Lendale White and Barber would give us a serious smash mouth running attack, there will be no falling short with the ball inside the five yard line. You never know?

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Tristan said:
I was just thinking the same thing earlier today, in regards to drafting Lendale White or Deangelo Williams and then offering one of our RB's to Indy for their late first. Lendale White and Barber would give us a serious smash mouth running attack, there will be no falling short with the ball inside the five yard line. You never know?

ewww lendale white . . . pilsbury.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If we drafted Lendale White in the first round I'd kick somebody's ***. Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells better hire body guards if they draft that fat, lazy, POS in the first round.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
jps_tex said:
I would draft Antonio Cromartie at #18
Uhh.. no thanks.

I'd much rather hope that Williams drops or take a safer pick like Carpenter or Lawson (if he's there) than waste a 1st round pick on someone who really hasn't accomplished much but just gets the rating due to potential and measurables.