Here's what's wrong with our offense...

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Our offense is not very good. It is OK. Our offensive line is very average at all 5 positions. Hopefully Flozell will come around, but right now he is the weakest link. We do not have a single dominant offensive lineman. Our QB is average. He's not too bad. He does some things well - some things not so well. Our RB's are pretty good - not great. Our offensive philosophy/ play calling is pretty lame. Its boring. Watching the Colts and Giants tonight lets you know what creative/ crisp offensive call playing looks like. Our Recievers are excellent. T.O., Glenn, and Witten are top notch. What a waste.

jrumann59

Reaction score
When we get a lead we go to dink and dunk end up in 3rd and 8 and other teams defense Tees off because they are guessing pass.

jja050575

Reaction score
Awakened said:
Our offense is not very good. It is OK. Our offensive line is very average at all 5 positions. Hopefully Flozell will come around, but right now he is the weakest link. We do not have a single dominant offensive lineman. Our QB is average. He's not too bad. He does some things well - some things not so well. Our RB's are pretty good - not great. Our offensive philosophy/ play calling is pretty lame. Its boring. Watching the Colts and Giants tonight lets you know what creative/ crisp offensive call playing looks like. Our Recievers are excellent. T.O., Glenn, and Witten are top notch. What
a waste.

did you watch the same game I did? the offensive line did a pretty good job, it was bledsoe and penalties that cost us this game. give credit where it's due, the line did better than expected. give them time to gel!!!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
jja050575 said:
did you watch the same game I did? the offensive line did a pretty good job, it was bledsoe and penalties that cost us this game. give credit where it's due, the line did better than expected. give them time to gel!!!
really... what game was he watchin' ?

Ken

Reaction score
jja050575 said:
I agree.

Flo was the weakest link, who would have thought that?

Kosier and Columbo played very well.

Gurode did a nice job as well, see JJ TD run.

I was encouraged with the Oline play. Avg'd good YPC and only gave up 2 sacks. There were a few more pressures, but all in all, it was acceptable considering the team we were playing.

hkHog

Reaction score
The offensive line did better than I thought they would. The real problem is the RUNNING GAME though. Jones and Barber are not going to scare anyone. This offense has no balance.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
What's wrong with our offense? We can't kick a fricking field goal from inside 40 yards that's what.

silver

Reaction score
the coaching staff get's their share of the blame. i could predict every single play we called offensively today. too damn conservative. don't know why but everytime we're on the road and wear those damned blue unis i just know we'll loose. and the play calling gets conservative as hell.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jja050575 said:

Flozell flat out got his butt handed to him. The CB's were napping and our safety had one hell of a time with who he thought needed the help. It was hot, very humid and our guy's were gassed. Jax practices and plays in this stuff.
Some folks need to realize there's more than one guy that wins AND loses. There are also physical elements to be considered. The OL was better than last year. That ain't saying much.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Flozell flat out got his butt handed to him. The CB's were napping and our safety had one hell of a time with who he thought needed the help. It was hot, very humid and our guy's were gassed. Jax practices and plays in this stuff.
Some folks need to realize there's more than one guy that wins AND loses. There are also physical elements to be considered. The OL was better than last year. That ain't saying much.
Yeah that's kinda like saying that France's Army has improved.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
hkHog said:
The offensive line did better than I thought they would. The real problem is the RUNNING GAME though. Jones and Barber are not going to scare anyone. This offense has no balance.

:confused:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hkHog said:
The real problem is the RUNNING GAME though. Jones and Barber are not going to scare anyone. This offense has no balance.
You better recheck the stat line from today.

wileedog

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory said:
there is only one thing holding back our offense = bill parcells

So our QB has an awful day, has numerous mis-reads and is generally off target all day resulting in 3 INTS. And becuase of those turnovers and some stupid penalties our defense is on the field entirely too long.

And your solution is to throw more.

Friggin genius.