Herm about to Join Chiefs?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Jets and Chiefs are locked in "serious negotiations" regarding Herm Edwards. Shefter believes Edwards is almost as good as gone. The Jets will likely get multiple mid-round draft picks for Edwards. Jets owner Woody Johnson must not want to give Herm a long-term deal. The Jets could possibly lose Edwards and defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson.

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/

THE GRYPHON

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Parcells to the Jets as G.M.? He would get to hire Herm's replacement. Could be a possibility.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I thought you couldn't trade picks for Coaches anymore.

The Gruden Situation

edit: Just read the post above this. I didn't know this.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
earlier post from BigDFan5:

CLEARING THE AIR ON PICKS FOR COACHES

After the Bucs acquired Raiders coach Jon Gruden by sending a pack of picks to the pirates of Piedmont, the NFL circulated a memo that supposedly prohibited this practice.

As explained in the January 17, 2003 St. Petersburg Times, the Competition Committee had concluded that the use of draft picks to secure coaches could be undermining the purposes of the draft.

Not long thereafter, then-Bucs G.M. Rich McKay told ESPN.com that the memo was not intended to apply to head coaches.

At a time when there will be plenty of head coaching vacancies and not enough high-end candidates, some teams could be interested in guys who already are gainfully employed with other NFL teams. Thus, the possibility of using draft picks has come up again, and plenty of our readers wanted to know whether the practice was still permitted.

League spokesman Greg Aiello told us on Monday that draft picks can be used to acquire a head coach or a high-ranking club executive (such as G.M. or the equivalent). Draft choices cannot be used, per Aiello, to acquire coordinators, position coaches, or executives below the level of president or G.M.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
What I don't get is where is Stiffler (joke) getting his INFO? So far I haven't seen one thing he's said come to pass......Is he really NORS or what???....Nah atleast NORS got the 34 right....JJ nors

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
What I don't get is where is Stiffler (joke) getting his INFO? So far I haven't seen one thing he's said come to pass......Is he really NORS or what???....Nah atleast NORS got the 34 right....JJ nors

"NORS"... is short for Nostradamus...

And I mean that with the ut-most respect.. :shoot4:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon said:
NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Jets and Chiefs are locked in "serious negotiations" regarding Herm Edwards. Shefter believes Edwards is almost as good as gone. The Jets will likely get multiple mid-round draft picks for Edwards. Jets owner Woody Johnson must not want to give Herm a long-term deal. The Jets could possibly lose Edwards and defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson.

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/

THE GRYPHON
It's been reported up here that the deal is already done and all both sides have to do is agree on what draft picks the Chiefs send to the Jets. An announcement that the deal is finalized could happen as early as tomorrow. The "multiple mid-round picks" that you refer to is what I am hearing also. Greg Williams was either the #1 or #2 guy on the Chiefs list and when he resigned with the Commanders the Chiefs pushed the panic button and want to get this done asap so a staff can be assembled asap.

This would put Al Saunders on the streets. He is talking to Minny, Detroit, and Chicago at least but I would love for him to be our OC.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HardHittin'Witten said:
Saunders as OC would be nice, but is he looking for a HC job? or another OC job?
He wants to be a head coach somewhere.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
He wants to be a head coach somewhere.

that's what I thought. A friend of mine is a huge Chiefs fan and he said there was talk about Saunders possibly getting the gig in Detroit.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
It's been reported up here that the deal is already done and all both sides have to do is agree on what draft picks the Chiefs send to the Jets. An announcement that the deal is finalized could happen as early as tomorrow. The "multiple mid-round picks" that you refer to is what I am hearing also. Greg Williams was either the #1 or #2 guy on the Chiefs list and when he resigned with the Commanders the Chiefs pushed the panic button and want to get this done asap so a staff can be assembled asap.

This would put Al Saunders on the streets. He is talking to Minny, Detroit, and Chicago at least but I would love for him to be our OC.
Why would Lovie Smith be out in Chicago? Or do you mean as their OC?

hank2k

Reaction score
If Edwards gets hired in KC ,Saunders will be retained as OC. Bet on it.
Neither he(Saunsers) Martz, Capers , or Turner are coming here.