Herm Edwards wants to talk to Norv Turner

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Chiefs | Edwards wants to talk to Turner
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:38:19 -0800

The Capital-Journal reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards confirmed he wants to speak with former Oakland Raiders head coach Norv Turner about his offensive coordinator's position. "I haven't gotten hold of Norv yet, but obviously, he's a candidate," Edwards said. "But, he'll be a candidate for a lot of teams. He's a fine coach."

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
The Capital-Journal reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards confirmed he wants to speak with former Oakland Raiders head coach Norv Turner about his offensive coordinator's position. "I haven't gotten hold of Norv yet, but obviously, he's a candidate," Edwards said. "But, he'll be a candidate for a lot of teams. He's a fine coach."

If coaches are leaving the Chiefs would anyone have interest in Offensive coordinator Al Saunders and offensive line coach Mike Solari ???
Thats if payton leaves...
I would ...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
leonargized said:
If coaches are leaving the Chiefs would anyone have interest in Offensive coordinator Al Saunders and offensive line coach Mike Solari ???
I would ...

Man I would be elated to get Saunders and Solari.

I really wanted either

A)Turner
B)Saunders

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
leonargized said:
I would ...
Bring both in but I doubt it happens. It's already been reported we will fill the position from within.

Duane

Reaction score
I wonder if Norv won't hold out for a college HC job instead of coming back to the NFL as an assistant.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Geez, Norv with those offensive personel would be electric.

He could make Kennison a pro-bowl WR.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Geez, Norv with those offensive personel would be electric.

He could make Kennison a pro-bowl WR.

#1 offensive line in football. #1 tight end, or at least #2. Top 5 running back in the NFL. All he needs is a legit franchise receiver and he could have the same success he did in Dallas if that team believes in his system.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
If Norv reads that, he'll wet his pants trying to get to a phone fast enough....any OC would have wet dreams thinking about the offensive personel they have.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
#1 offensive line in football. #1 tight end, or at least #2. Top 5 running back in the NFL. All he needs is a legit franchise receiver and he could have the same success he did in Dallas if that team believes in his system.

The only thing that may be forgotten...
How much did the old coaching staff get out of these guys already...
Seems to me the Offense in KC is already superior to most in the NFL...