Hey Cowboy fans - new member here from Iowa

Iowa_cowboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on these boards for a couple years and finally decided to make the leap and join. I've been a big Cowboy fan since the early 90s right before their rise. Living in Iowa with no pro sports team, you kind of had the "freedom" to pick your own. I had an elementary school teacher that was a big Cowboys fan and so I become one. A year later, they won the Super Bowl and kept on winning. Even though that run came to an end, been a fan ever since!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Welcome aboard sailor! Wow, a sailor in Iowa?

So two questions:
#1- Why do so many people lurk for such a long time, before joining in?

#2- What was the catalyst that caused you to make the leap?

Iowa_cowboy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard sailor! Wow, a sailor in Iowa?

So two questions:
#1- Why do so many people lurk for such a long time, before joining in?

#2- What was the catalyst that caused you to make the leap?
Thanks. Not sure what the sailor comment means haha.

As to why it took me a while to join, that's a good question. I am a big Iowa Hawkeye sports fan and alum so I spend a lot of time (too much time lol) on those boards. So, I wasn't sure about taking the plunge here if I would get sucked in to this place as well! Also, the registration process here is a bit more in depth, which is good, but may have been a small barrier.

As for the catalyst, the more I read this board the more I wanted to join in on the conversation. All message boards have their issues but overall the conversation here seems to be of high quality so I made the leap.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks. Not sure what the sailor comment means haha.

As to why it took me a while to join, that's a good question. I am a big Iowa Hawkeye sports fan and alum so I spend a lot of time (too much time lol) on those boards. So, I wasn't sure about taking the plunge here if I would get sucked in to this place as well! Also, the registration process here is a bit more in depth, which is good, but may have been a small barrier.

As for the catalyst, the more I read this board the more I wanted to join in on the conversation. All message boards have their issues but overall the conversation here seems to be of high quality so I made the leap.
I started my greeting by welcoming you aboard, so I followed it up with the sailor nonsense.

The explanation of splitting time between this and another board(s) is a point I hadn't thought of, thank you! I wonder how many others lurk for that same reason. The hesitancy due to the registration process is probably exactly why @Reality created it. We only get those who are willing to put in a little effort.

"High quality" conversation is definitely something that can be found, though not necessarily the norm. It mostly depends on the "Zones" you like to spend time in, and the threads that interest you...Actually, I guess it depends mostly upon the members with whom you converse. Some are insightful and courteous, while others...well...