Hey Eagles! Just 'cause it's Christmas, don't think you're a bunch of Saints!

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I’ve been all over the Eagles website and have read/seen interviews with Eagles coaches and players. And the one striking thing is that they have all forgotten about Jason Witten and our secondary.

When Eagles brass talk about stopping Dallas’ offense, they talk about Terry Glenn and T.O., and what they have to do against them is cover well, to beat Dallas like New Orleans did. When they talk about Dallas’ QB, they talk about containing Tony Romo in the pocket, to basically neutralize him and beat Dallas like New Orleans did.

And finally, when Eagles brass talk about beating Dallas’ offense, they talk only about Demarcus Ware and make no mention of any other Cowboys. They talk about keeping Ware in check and playing the game around him with downfield passes against our secondary or swing passes behind him, just like New Orleans did.

What The Eagles seem to have forgotten is that they are not New Orleans, nor do they have the insider info on our team like Payton had. Also, Witten was not part of game plan in that game. The Eagles seem to underestimate Romo’s ability to throw from the pocket. If they want to contain him then I’ll take the middle throws to Witten and Fassano, who will be wide open as the Eagles will have their hands full worrying about our RBs. My only hope is that Dallas has implemented this TE pass into the game plan.

And finally, if the Eagles think swing passes will work when they’re on offense, at least it’s good to hear that Dallas has been working on that this week, that our defensive players had a players-only meeting to address it , and that players and coaches have said it easily corrected. So I welcome a game plan where the Eagles want to play into our defense’s hands. And if they also think that they can beat our secondary with their midget-league receivers-corps, well that’s just ridiculous for us to even address.

Merry Christmas, and Go Cowboys!!!!!!