Hey!! It's the holiday season...Merry Christmas CowboysZone

notherbob

Reaction score
I wish happy holidays to all of you whether you celebrate Winter Solstice, Christmas, Hannuka, Kwanzaa or whetever. It's a time for peaceful thoughts and to realize that we're not alone and we don't own the place, we just live here. We need to be able to live here. Good luck to all of us.

I have always honored and enjoyed the Christmas traditions, but I also get great feelings of peace from the Winter Solstice time at the Paint Rocks Pictographs site. There's no war or arguments there, just the sun chasing shadows across the ancient pictures and occasionally revealing a secret kept for centuries. It's a special time at a special place. It's not any kind of religeous ceremony or anything, just a few dozen people gather to watch a spear of light penetrate to the center of a painting precisely at local noon on that day, just like it has done for hundreds of years. I play a little Indian flute music to add a little atmosphere. (see pic below) It's not fancy, just immensely peaceful and puts you in a great frame of mind for the holidays.

Merry Chrismas and Happy Holidays to all.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Greatest Cowboys board on the net. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to you all. God bless.

:star:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
notherbob said:
I wish happy holidays to all of you whether you celebrate Winter Solstice, Christmas, Hannuka, Kwanzaa or whetever. It's a time for peaceful thoughts and to realize that we're not alone and we don't own the place, we just live here. We need to be able to live here. Good luck to all of us.

I have always honored and enjoyed the Christmas traditions, but I also get great feelings of peace from the Winter Solstice time at the Paint Rocks Pictographs site. There's no war or arguments there, just the sun chasing shadows across the ancient pictures and occasionally revealing a secret kept for centuries. It's a special time at a special place. It's not any kind of religeous ceremony or anything, just a few dozen people gather to watch a spear of light penetrate to the center of a painting precisely at local noon on that day, just like it has done for hundreds of years. I play a little Indian flute music to add a little atmosphere. (see pic below) It's not fancy, just immensely peaceful and puts you in a great frame of mind for the holidays.

Merry Chrismas and Happy Holidays to all.

Great post Sir. Would love to have shared the moment with you.