Hey Reality! Way to "lose" a few games in the pick 'em league!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
http://nfl.smartestfans.com/league1/rankings.html

That's how you do it webmaster. Don't stay at the top too long or folks get suspicious. Lose a few intentional games, drop to #2 or #3 in the ranking and then in the final week fix your picks! :p:

By the way, are you ever considering create a chart that shows us who picked what or at least a percentage of what the choices were that week? Great game, props to everyone who is sticking with it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:

That's how you do it webmaster. Don't stay at the top too long or folks get suspicious. Lose a few intentional games, drop to #2 or #3 in the ranking and then in the final week fix your picks! :p:

By the way, are you ever considering create a chart that shows us who picked what or at least a percentage of what the choices were that week? Great game, props to everyone who is sticking with it.

As I said before, if I stay at or near the top for much longer, I will drop out of the contest. I only planned to play the first week but after I went 10-6 I was way down the rankings so I figured why not play to see how well I could do. You have to realize that all it takes is one bad week and you drop way down in the rankings.

I've actually done very well picking the harder more even games. The ones I keep getting killed on are the Cowboys and Patriots. I always pick the Cowboys, not out of loyalty but because I believe they can win each week and I picked the Patriots to win every game EXCEPT the one at Pittsburg, which they won of course.

I do plan to add weekly rankings soon to it so you can see how each person did each week. That data is stored so even if it takes me a few more weeks to add it, the stats from the previous weeks will be viewable then as well.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

Youre right...

he sure is making it look authentic.

:laugh2:

Seriously Reality,

don't drop out. I want to try and beat you fair and square and I commend u on your excellent picks thusfar.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Reality said:
As I said before, if I stay at or near the top for much longer, I will drop out of the contest. I only planned to play the first week but after I went 10-6 I was way down the rankings so I figured why not play to see how well I could do. You have to realize that all it takes is one bad week and you drop way down in the rankings.

I've actually done very well picking the harder more even games. The ones I keep getting killed on are the Cowboys and Patriots. I always pick the Cowboys, not out of loyalty but because I believe they can win each week and I picked the Patriots to win every game EXCEPT the one at Pittsburg, which they won of course.

I do plan to add weekly rankings soon to it so you can see how each person did each week. That data is stored so even if it takes me a few more weeks to add it, the stats from the previous weeks will be viewable then as well.

I'm just kidding ya. I know you're on the up and up.

When are you going to put in the scores for this week? I had another great day, I'm hoping I'll move up some more today. The games are getting easier to pick as teams are starting to show their true colors.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Don't drop out Reality, we all know you had your big lucky week that first week, and please don't deprive us of gaining on you now, LMAO.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10-2 so far today :) Back in first place .. DOH! I bet I peaked too soon!

I have Cinci and the Chargers picked though so who knows .. Cinci was getting shutout the last I checked at Jacksonville.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Reality said:

I have Cinci and the Chargers picked though so who knows .. Cinci was getting shutout the last I checked at Jacksonville.
You peaked? Or peeked?

Damn, 10-2? That's two excellent weeks you had. I should be 11-1 on today's games right now, also with Cincy and the Chargers, but I won't gain much gain on you now.

Oh well, I can hope someone else will. :laugh2:

11 more long ;) weeks, Reality.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:

9-3 here and I have Jacksonville 2nite.

Nice job to all of you (us).

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
11 more long ;) weeks, Reality.

.. and there you have hit on the key phrase ..

Great job though with your picks .. hanging right there with me :) Just waiting on me to screw up!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I picked the Bengals to lose last night for the same reason I picked the Packers to win. Too much parity in this league for any team to go winless or lossless for too long.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Just went a perfect 9-0 with today's early games. Even if I blow the rest of the games, I still come out pretty good today. Can't wait to see the new rankings.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Just went a perfect 9-0 with today's early games. Even if I blow the rest of the games, I still come out pretty good today. Can't wait to see the new rankings.

I went 6-3 in the early games. I let the announcer on the radio talk me out of picking the Bucs which I had picked all week to win.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I only missed on the Jacksonville-Pitts game in the early ones.

But the 4 PMers are killing me.