Hindsight Poll | The Rams game & the Giants game (Oct 19)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While Tony Romo was injured, the team went 1-2, with a victory over Tampa and losses to both St. Louis and New York. If the defense was playing at its current level during those particular games, do you feel that the team would have still ended up with the same record or a better record during that stretch--even with Brad Johnson and/or Brooks Bollinger behind center?

In my opinion, we would have beaten St. Louis, but still lost to New York to finish 2-1 without Romo. The Giants were peaking at that time and were the better of the two teams at that point in the season, unlike now. However, I do think that it would've been a much closer game at the end.

Daudr

Reaction score
The defense was playing at very close to this level for the first Giants game. The problem was that they were on the field far too much and they had zero help from the offense.

Givincer

Reaction score
Seeing as Romo is 4-1 vs. the Giants, and, by all accounts, should be 5-0, I'd take a Romo-led Cowboys team over the Giants any day. The Rams game is a given.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
The only reason we lost the Rams game is because we couldn't stop the run.

Ware had three sacks, but it doest mean anything if you cant stop the run.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Givincer;2501806 said:
Seeing as Romo is 4-1 vs. the Giants, and, by all accounts, should be 5-0, I'd take a Romo-led Cowboys team over the Giants any day. The Rams game is a given.
But Romo was injured for the first Giants game. Could we have won that game with him on the sidelines, but our defense playing as well during that particular game as it is now?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I think the Defense is finally coming into it's own at this part of the season.

Pretaining to the Rams game there were too many unknowns with the Rookies and the secondary blending together. We could have thrown more in the Box in St. Louis if we were playing D at this level in the secondary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Longboysfan;2501824 said:
I think the Defense is finally coming into it's own at this part of the season.

Pretaining to the Rams game there were too many unknowns with the Rookies and the secondary blending together. We could have thrown more in the Box in St. Louis if we were playing D at this level in the secondary.
Bold-->Exactly. So, do you think we would've won that game, lost the game? Maybe ended up in a tie..?

Givincer

Reaction score
DallasEast;2501821 said:
But Romo was injured for the first Giants game. Could we have won that game with him on the sidelines, but our defense playing as well during that particular game as it is now?

Ah, with Bollinger, perhaps we could have beaten the Rams. Perhaps.

The Giants - no chance.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note for Phoenix-Talon

If you happen to read this, good buddy, don't let your quarterback down. Vote for the one option he doesn't have a clue about. ;)

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
at the time the defense did not have a mindset of "we NEED to be the reason the Cowboys win games". This defense has had the luxury of a high scoring offense the last couple of years. But with their draft status and pedigree..I have longed for them to COACH AND PLAY like the score was 0-0. The defensive gameplan did not even call for domination. I think you see that changing. I was irritated and still am that we GAVE Seattle points near the end of the game. Finish the game. Think domination. Expect Domination. Achieve domination.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Teams usually don't win games when the offense turns the ball over 4 times especially on the road. You may be able to pull out a win here and there, but most times you are going to lose in those situations. Dallas turned the ball over 4 times against the Rams. Look at the Pittsburgh game. The defense played great, but the offense kept coughing up the ball. That led to a loss. Had the Dallas defense played better against St. Louis they probably still would have loss. The final score and stats just would have been different. Same thing for the first Giants game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Some people love torture.

We are what we are ... a 9-5 team playing great defense and apparently peaking at the right time.

Who's to say if we were playing as well earlier in the season we would be tired as a defense now?

There's just no way to know. I'll take where we are now compared to where the Detroit Lions or the Kansas City Chiefs are now. :)