History reminder

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
It's the day after a horrendous loss, and I am sill PO'd. The defense is a huge question mark IMO and could easily be the reason we dont advance in the playoffs.

That said, here's a little reminder for some:

1992 we were 8-1 and had won 5 straight, including a 38-3 over Detroit and a 20-10 domination of Philly two weeks earlier. We lost at home to the lowly Rams who came in 3-6, 27-23. The defense gave up almost 400 yds and forced no turnovers. (On a side note, that was the ONLY game that season the defense failed to produce a single turnover). It was also the last game that season where an opponent would rush for 100+ yds on us.

1993, we were blown out on opening day by a horrible Commanders team...later in the yr we had won 7 straight to get to 7-2, and went to lowly Atlanta. Aikman DNP and Kosar started, played horribly and we were beaten by the Falcons. They ranked at the bottom of the league in virtually every defensive statistic, yet we couldnt do anything against them and lost.

1995, we lost twice to a Commander team that finished 6-10.

We won the Super Bowl all 3 of those seasons. Not saying it will happen this yr but it is something to think about. I will say I dont trust this team anywhere near as much as those 92-95 teams, especially the 92-93 teams coached by Jimmy.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We were also throttled by Philly at the Vet 31-7 on Monday Night in 1992.

We'll see how we adjust in the second Washington meeting.

utrunner07

Reaction score
dbair1967;2297090 said:
coached by Jimmy.

that is a HUGE HUGE difference, as you noted, and so the situations are nothing similar. As for the 95 team, it was a team full of veterans and guys that had been there, this team is not.

The Wade Phillips mentality is and will continue to be the downfall of this team.

sago1

Reaction score
At least we won't see another posting asking if there possibility we go 16-0.