Honest Question

50cent

Reaction score
Do you guy think that we have been slow to sign a kicker, because the organization feels we will have a potent scoring offense next year? If we turn some of those FGA into touchdowns with T.O., does it really matter if we get a high priced kicker afterall. Now, I don't approve of this logic, but it could be playing a factor in our lack of activity in getting a K.

Catch-22

Reaction score
Besides Longwell, all of the biggest kickers are still available. We have plenty of time.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
50cent said:
Do you guy think that we have been slow to sign a kicker, because the organization feels we will have a potent scoring offense next year? If we turn some of those FGA into touchdowns with T.O., does it really matter if we get a high priced kicker afterall. Now, I don't approve of this logic, but it could be playing a factor in our lack of activity in getting a K.

They like everyone else are waiting for prices to come down.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:

I think we have been slow to sign a kicker for 1 of 2 reasons, or possibly both.

1. waiting to see if the Seahawks matched the offer for Hutchinson. If they did match the offer, they then would of made an offer for Josh brown knowing the hawks wouldn't be able to match it.

They didn't match the offer so the seahawks now have the money to match the offer.

2. Waiting to see what Miami does with Olindo Mare.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
price isnt an obstacle for a kicker, we have so much cap room that we could sign vini, add a safety and FB, sign our draft picks and restructure long term deals on our young guys. but why take Vini at 3 mil when Josh Brown will be a franchise kicker and come at 1.3 . . . (before it woulda been 1.7 but Seattles issues with the OL are helpin him come cheaper and cheaper as we speak)

and maybe we are hesitating because JJ and BP knew that Brown would still be around for the same price if not cheaper . . . and theres not to many teams who are willing to pay 3 million for Vini so he will be around, just think of other teams cap room and think of how many are in need of a kicker and understand that there is no way we wont sign 1 of the 4 good remaining kickers just because of these factors.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Rack said:
I think we have been slow to sign a kicker for 1 of 2 reasons, or possibly both.

1. waiting to see if the Seahawks matched the offer for Hutchinson. If they did match the offer, they then would of made an offer for Josh brown knowing the hawks wouldn't be able to match it.

They didn't match the offer so the seahawks now have the money to match the offer.

I agree with this...

but what is a dishonest question?

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
To many good kickers out there to rush..I think Jerry and the gang are sticking to their game plan:starspin

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Rack said:

But they did just sign a big contract for LB Peterson of the 49'ers...Not sure about their cap figure tho. If they lose Hutch, we can send them LA...lol...J/K

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
No, I think we've been slow because the prices these sawed off midgets are asking is just plain stupid and Jerry isn't dumb.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Even though the offense is now suped up with TO the philosophy is still to control the clock and not take chances on our side of the field. Besides, the Cowboys and every other NFL teama re always making plans for what if's.

They better get one soon though. I still want Vinatieri.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No, I think we've been slow because the prices these sawed off midgets are asking is just plain stupid and Jerry isn't dumb.

atleast not ALL the time :lmao: