Hope we're celebrating Irvin this time next year...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We would have this year if he would stop getting arrested on the eve of the selections ........

Michael has noone to blame but himself.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
We would have this year if he would stop getting arrested on the eve of the selections ........
That had nothing to do with him not getting in this year. This class was just too strong for him to make it this time. Receivers have enough of a hard time getting in and with a class like this.....

Hopefully the selection committee doesn't think like you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BlueStar22 said:
That had nothing to do with him not getting in this year. This class was just too strong for him to make it this time. Receivers have enough of a hard time getting in and with a class like this.....

Hopefully the selection committee doesn't think like you.

Had everything to do with it ...... all the talk was that him and Troy should go in together and everyone thought it was a good chance ...... then he gets arrested for drugs again.

I loved Mike and really hope he gets in the hall ..... just wish he would stop making it so hard on himself ........ the Cowboys Bias is enouth without him giving himself bad press right before selection time.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
when was he arrested for drugs again? i know he got arrested for a out standing fine or something like that after he got a ticket for speeding.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not the last time he got arrested ...... the time before when they found crack in his car that was his friends.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
oooh that time around thanks giving? its amazing how some people hold grudges.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the kid 05 said:
oooh that time around thanks giving? its amazing how some people hold grudges.

That was right before they did the selections for the hall of fame ... Like I said before Mike deserves to be in there as much as anyone not named Rice ...... he just keeps giving the haters an excuse.

Even though they Hate Troy they could not keep him out because of his great character .......... but Mike gives them all the ammo they need.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thescarface1989 said:
It would be nice to see him and Drew Pearson inducted together! Thants my dream.:D

Ooh, never thought of that. Wouldn't it be awesome? Everybody would be wearing #88 jerseys and we'd have to guess whose jersey it is, Drew or Michael. Of course, it really wouldn't matter. Such a ceremony would really bridge the two greatest eras in Cowboys history, even moreso than today.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita said:
Everybody would be wearing #88 jerseys and we'd have to guess whose jersey it is, Drew or Michael.

The names on the back of the jerseys might give it away.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
ya did you hear norve, when he said irvin the crowd went nuts. maybe emmitt and irvin can go in together. that would be interesting.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Not the last time he got arrested ...... the time before when they found crack in his car that was his friends.

The last time he was arrested for an outstanding ticket also, there was no crack so I have no idea where you came up with that. There was however and empty marijuana pipe that he was given a ticket for having (drug parapehnalia)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Media people hold grudges.

I know. I'm a media person (reporter). Please don't ask me for which paper and, no, I'm not a sports reporter.

I believe Michael Irvin would have been in with Troy Aikman had it not been for his trangressions while he was with the Cowboys. The arrest right before the selection also had a lot to do with it, IMO.

He makes it in next year. I don't see how Terrell Davis (two Super Bowls) gets the nod before Michael Irvin.

BTW, TD is eligible next year for the HoF.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill said:

Michael has noone to blame but himself.
No way 3 Cowboys would have be inducted today so he got left out. That is the reason he wasn't up there today. The off the field stuff doesn't apply.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BigDFan5 said:
The last time he was arrested for an outstanding ticket also, there was no crack so I have no idea where you came up with that. There was however and empty marijuana pipe that he was given a ticket for having (drug parapehnalia)

Sorry I forgot which drug it was that time, but it was not only a pipe

"Plastic baggies with marijuana residue were found in a Versace sunglasses case along with the pipe."

With Mike I never know what it will be next ..........