Hopefully Shaq Leonard liked our fight!

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Thoughts are we could use the depth at LB. I'm not pressed one way or another about it. A lot of fans won't admit it but they'd be more upset about losing him to Philly and watching their fans gloat about it than they would be excited about getting Shaq

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think this game proved that the Cowboys need him more than Philly due to not having a true veteran linebacker and because of that, he should choose Dallas.

ICP

Reaction score
I would rather he play here than in Philthy

Jenky

Reaction score
I think this game proved that the Cowboys need him more than Philly due to not having a true veteran linebacker and because of that, he should choose Dallas.
Philly has terrible line backers and Zach Cunningham just got hurt.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Colts owe him his salary. He'll sign for playing time.
I think this game proved that the Cowboys need him
For a game that our defense played so poorly overall, it was good to see key stops at key points in the game. But yes, it's an odd selling point, but legitimate... We need you... you will play here.

Philly has terrible line backers and Zach Cunningham just got hurt.
Dean hasn't played up to expectations but Cunningham and Morrow have been exceptional.

Cunningham, per Sirianni, is still a possible active roster for Sunday. And the point here would be, DAL has the "luxury" if you want to call it that of not having any players coming back from injury who will threaten Leonard's playing time. (Dean isn't expected back soon, but he is expected back.)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For a game that our defense played so poorly overall, it was good to see key stops at key points in the game. But yes, it's an odd selling point, but legitimate... We need you... you will play here.

Dean hasn't played up to expectations but Cunningham and Morrow have been exceptional.

Cunningham, per Sirianni, is still a possible active roster for Sunday. And the point here would be, DAL has the "luxury" if you want to call it that of not having any players coming back from injury who will threaten Leonard's playing time. (Dean isn't expected back soon, but he is expected back.)
Are they even gonna go back to Dean when he is back? He has been pretty bad

Aven8

Reaction score
Can he still play in this league? The Colts cut him for a reason.

The Colts wouldn't cut him and pay him all that money for nothing.
I get it as well. But we don’t need him as the savior. We just need another dude that can make a timely play or two a game.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Don't want to call out any particular poster because it just seems to be so common...

But damn. People, before you bother to post your Micky Spagnola "the other team didn't want him so he must not be that good" analysis, recognize please that we're so far past that by now... listen to podcasts, listed to radio, read.... expose yourself to what people who've studied the situation have said. No, he's not back to all-pro candidacy status, but he's considered by multiple people who routinely have some regard for having been scouts or coaches or players as being better than anything we've currently got.

And why the Colts let him go... there's an answer to that... tried unsuccessfully to trade him... ultimately decided that they had younger and less expensive options for 2024, and they weren't confident that he would return to a performance level commensurate with that salary... plus, the injury buyout would have been substantial next season... plus, at least by seeing another team pick him up, they save a little because his new team will almost certainly be paying him $1m or whatever the vet minimum is.

It's exhausting and, yeah, a little ridiculous after this many days that these two too-common sentiments keep showing up. Educate yourselves a little... it's not difficult a week or so later since he was let go by the Colts.

Proof

Reaction score
And will sign with us this weekend, please give your thoughts
through 3 quarters I actually thought about it and how we likely lost him. now not so sure! especially with the 9ers about to kick ohilkys teeth in this weekend :flagwave:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Are they even gonna go back to Dean when he is back? He has been pretty bad
You know as much as I do. All I can be confident about is that he has had starter status, and so, it's not hyperbole to imagine Dean would be a competitor for playing time once he's back.