Hostile

BHendri5

Reaction score
Have you caught any of the Notre Dame games? If so what is your opinion on Brady Quinn?

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Quinn could be out man, although my heart is with Vince Young. How fluid is VY?

Either way Bledose will edumacate them.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I don't think hes the best option. With bledsoe already here...I would kinda like a guy like Marcus Vick or Vince Young. They are both talented runners, Vick faster, Young stronger and tougher. They get a bad rap for throwing the ball, but young hasn't had a game so far where I thought he seriously struggled passing. I saw him torch Ohio State's D through the air after getting stopped through the ground. I've only seen vick through Highlights, but as a passer, he is out of his older brother's league.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Tio said:
I don't think hes the best option. With bledsoe already here...I would kinda like a guy like Marcus Vick or Vince Young. They are both talented runners, Vick faster, Young stronger and tougher. They get a bad rap for throwing the ball, but young hasn't had a game so far where I thought he seriously struggled passing. I saw him torch Ohio State's D through the air after getting stopped through the ground. I've only seen vick through Highlights, but as a passer, he is out of his older brother's league.

I think he struggled against Mizzou yesterday throwing the ball. But mechanics can be taught, the playmaking ability he has cannot.

- Mike G.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I think he struggled against Mizzou yesterday throwing the ball. But mechanics can be taught, the playmaking ability he has cannot.

- Mike G.
I know he threw an int...I couldn't watch the game. His mechanics leave much to be desired, but he is clutch, tough, and makes plays. Although Mack Brown is a fine recruiter, he isn't exactly known for getting the most out of his players.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Tio said:
I know he threw an int...I couldn't watch the game. His mechanics leave much to be desired, but he is clutch, tough, and makes plays. Although Mack Brown is a fine recruiter, he isn't exactly known for getting the most out of his players.

Yep. Mack Brown is not a big game coach but he is definitely starting to change my perception of that.

I dont think he is strong in the motivation department and frankley, I think life is too comfortable at UT. Mike Irvin hinted this when he was discussing Roy Williams last year, when wondering why he waited so long to come out.

But boy, you get Young together with a very capable QB Coach, Sean Peyton and you could have something. I am not sure Cowboys are patient enough to wait on Young to develop his mechanics though.

Oh, and that Vick kids' stock is really starting to rise. I dont know why I am getting all excited about these College Quarterbacks, it isnt like Parcells and Jerry are going to draft one :rolleyes: .

- Mike G.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
Have you caught any of the Notre Dame games? If so what is your opinion on Brady Quinn?
Yeah, it's hard to miss them when they're on TV every week. I am not a Notre Dame fan.

I like this kid. A lot.

He has the size in a QB that is just about perfect. 6'4" 230 pounds.

He is producing. Notre Dame is the spotlight so he is doing it in pressure situations. That's big.

Through his 1st 2 years he had 26 TDs and 25 INTs. For many people that would be a red flag. They'd fail to notice he started 9 games as a freshman for one of the biggest programs in the US.

You expect a kid who can do that to explode his Junior year. Well, he's done that. 13 TDs to 3 INTs and is completing around 65% of his passes.

If he enters the Draft I expect him to be a top 5 pick. He's that good.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
A pretty strong qb generation to be sure...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, it's hard to miss them when they're on TV every week. I am not a Notre Dame fan.

I like this kid. A lot.

He has the size in a QB that is just about perfect. 6'4" 230 pounds.

He is producing. Notre Dame is the spotlight so he is doing it in pressure situations. That's big.

Through his 1st 2 years he had 26 TDs and 25 INTs. For many people that would be a red flag. They'd fail to notice he started 9 games as a freshman for one of the biggest programs in the US.

You expect a kid who can do that to explode his Junior year. Well, he's done that. 13 TDs to 3 INTs and is completing around 65% of his passes.

If he enters the Draft I expect him to be a top 5 pick. He's that good.
That sounds pretty much like Carson Palmer's progression... just a year earlier. I'd love to have him learning behind Bledsoe for a couple of years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White said:
That sounds pretty much like Carson Palmer's progression... just a year earlier. I'd love to have him learning behind Bledsoe for a couple of years.
Nah, we already got Henson doing that. Use the Draft for other needs.

Gordon

Reaction score
I'm a Notre Dame fan, and I dont think Quinn will ever be more than a top 15 pick. He doesn't really have the arm strength. Not that he has a bad arm, just doesn't have the arm strength of a top 5 pick. He's solid everywhere else though. He's got the size, decent speed, very strong, and he's showing smarts and leadership in his maturity. Who knows though, scouts looked past Philip Rivers' delivery and made him a top 5 pick.

He won't be coming out this year anyway. He'd be a fool to pass up an extra year with Charlie Weis.

jay cee

Reaction score
Gordon said:
I'm a Notre Dame fan, and I dont think Quinn will ever be more than a top 15 pick. He doesn't really have the arm strength. Not that he has a bad arm, just doesn't have the arm strength of a top 5 pick. He's solid everywhere else though. He's got the size, decent speed, very strong, and he's showing smarts and leadership in his maturity. Who knows though, scouts looked past Philip Rivers' delivery and made him a top 5 pick.

He won't be coming out this year anyway. He'd be a fool to pass up an extra year with Charlie Weis.
If he continues with this type of production, I think he will be a top 5 pick when you look at people like Rivers and Harrington going in the top 5.

Plus when you look at the success of Tom Brady who does not have a really strong arm.

I think like 40 times, a strong arm can be overrated. IMO it is more important to have accuracy and a quick delivery.