How a football Giant fumbled it all... (shocking)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
How a football Giant
fumbled it all

511-simmons.JPG
[SIZE=-1]Roy Simmons [/SIZE]

Ex-NFL player Roy Simmons declared himself gay in 1992, but the gridiron vet has been keeping a few secrets in his locker.

In his new memoir, "Out of Bounds," the 49-year-old former offensive lineman tackles the tale of how he went from playing in the Super Bowl to becoming a crack-addicted prostitute — before pulling his life together.

Among the more startling replays from the first NFL player to admit he was HIV-positive:

• Even though he had a girlfriend and a son, Simmons was always looking for male lovers. In 1981, he says, he seduced another Giants linesman after a gin-and-Quaalude binge. "When I ran my fingers through his hair, he seemed to like that," Simmons writes. "To make a long story short, he asked me to [perform oral sex]. So I did."
  • "I once hosted a toga party and my guests were the Jets, the Nets, the Cosmos and the New Jersey Generals. That's a whole lot of testosterone under one roof, so I had to be prepared. I made sure all the bedrooms had locks on the doors so people could go in, close up, and get to their [sex]. … Cocaine, reefer, uppers, downers — you name it, it was on the coffee table, laid out like a buffet."
  • "I started dressing up in drag, just for kicks," writes the 290-pound lineman. "Shoes were hard to come by, since I have a size-16 foot. I eventually chose to wear sneakers with stockings instead of heels."
  • After his addictions got him booted off the Giants and then the Commanders, Simmons worked as a baggage handler at Kennedy Airport. Later, he started turning tricks — "anywhere from two to five times a week" — usually for no more than $15 or $20.
  • "I was so far gone on drugs and alcohol that I nearly killed myself a couple of times," Simmons writes. Once, he almost murdered a man who sold him bad crack. "I stabbed [him] maybe a half-dozen times," he claims.

Simmons says he eventually spent five months in jail for shoplifting. Deprived of his usual substances, he confronted his demons, starting with his rape at age 10 by a local postman in rural Georgia. Today he works as a supervisor in a Long Island halfway house. His Carroll & Graf book is out this month.

joseephuss

Reaction score
What part is shocking? I mean truly shocking. Stories like this have been rumors for a long time. The parties, the drugs, the sex and all. I guess the only shocking part is that he is gay. Homosexuals in football seem to be a rarity. At least the ones that come out.

trickblue

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
What part is shocking? I mean truly shocking. Stories like this have been rumors for a long time. The parties, the drugs, the sex and all. I guess the only shocking part is that he is gay. Homosexuals in football seem to be a rarity. At least the ones that come out.

I meant more the fact that he implicated others as well...

Other teams, fellow OL... that is what I meant...

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I meant more the fact that he implicated others as well...

Other teams, fellow OL... that is what I meant...

Oh, I agree with that. Of course, you can't sell books unless you call others out. This seems like a more updated version of North Dallas Fourty.

trickblue

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Oh, I agree with that. Of course, you can't sell books unless you call others out. This seems like a more updated version of North Dallas Fourty.

I've always had an issue with tell-all books that damage people's reps for money...

It shows a person of poor character...

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I've always had an issue with tell-all books that damage people's reps for money...

No doubt. I don't read any of these books. The only things I know about those types of books(North Dallas Forty) are what I read on this site.

Reaction score
trickblue said:

~quickly throws "Tricked and Blue... The Untold Story of Unrequited Love-
By C.B. Princess" manuscript into fireplace~