UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
WR’s
Damian Williams*, USC - Scouting Report
Height: 6-1. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2010): Top 20 Pick.

2/7/09: Debacled Penn State in the Rose Bowl Presented by Kraft, catching 10 p***** for 162 yards and a touchdown. Williams finished the season with 58 receptions, 869 yards and four scores.

7/26/08: Had to sit out the 2007 campaign because he transferred from Arkansas to USC. As a sophomore in 2006, Williams put up poor numbers (19 receptions), but played in a very limited passing attack. He should be able to thrive at USC, assuming he gets enough targets.

Strengths:
· Good height with room to bulk
· Very soft hands; rarely drops p*****
· Great body control
· Catches ball at highest point
· Excellent hand-eye coordination
· Love his ball skills
· Quick feet
· Elite-level route runner
· Deceptive speed
· Changes directions quickly
· Slippery fast
· Does an outstanding job of changing speeds in/out of routes
· Generates very solid Y.A.C.
· Recognizes various coverages
· Can find soft spots in zone
· Eats up off-man cushion quickly, then separates
· Gets two feet in on sideline catches; aware
· Highly talented with great upside
· Polished player
· Operated in traditional West Coast offense
· Plays with a lot of heart
· Good character and reportedly great work

Dez Bryant*, Oklahoma State - Scouting Report
Height: 6-2. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.

2/7/09: A dynamic player in Oklahoma State's explosive offense, Dez Bryant registered 87 receptions for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns as a mere sophomore. And he's only going to get better. Bryant also returned two punts to the house

Strengths:
· Above average height
· Good muscle definition
· Great hands
· Will come back to the quarterback and present a window
· Dominant on jump balls
· Attacks ball at apex
· Gets off line of scrimmage
· Coordinated and can adjust to the ball
· Knows how to set up a receiver and flip their hips
· Athletic
· Nice sideline awareness
· Tough to tackle
· Explosive punt returner
· Good running vision
· Decent amount of upside

this two just in case we don't need a first rounder

Eric Decker, Minnesota
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.

2/7/09: Finally armed with a good quarterback, Eric Decker caught 84 p***** for 1,074 yards and seven touchdowns. He managed those figures despite missing two games with an ankle injury.

7/26/08: Eric Decker led the Golden Gophers in receiving, catching 67 p***** for 909 yards and nine scores as a mere sophomore.

Bryan Anderson, Central Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

2/7/09: Missed a game, but still managed to catch 63 p***** for 865 yards and six touchdowns. Made the All-MAC First Team.

7/26/08: Qualified for the All-MAC Second Team by catching 90 p***** for 1,132 yards and 10 touchdowns. With figures like that, one has to wonder what it takes to make the first team.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
rkell87;2880542 said:
no usc receivers please:thumbdo:
Hey now. Damian Williams and Ronald Johnson are not in the Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett/Patrick Turner mold. They are both smaller, faster receivers. USC does have David Ausberry who is the big, possesssion type.

Mike is/was just lazy. Dwayne Jarrett is finally puttng it together. Patrick Turner is having a great camp. Hopefully their success will end the USC WR stigma. I also think Steve Smith (NY Giants) will have a solid year.

I am going on record that this draft will produce 3 surefire NFL probowl-bound superstars in Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, and Dez Bryant. All of this talk of Bryant being a low first round pick will end about 2 games into Oklahoma State's season.

rkell87

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2880569 said:
Hey now. Damian Williams and Ronald Johnson are not in the Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett/Patrick Turner mold. They are both smaller, faster receivers. USC does have David Ausberry who is the big, possesssion type.

Mike is/was just lazy. Dwayne Jarrett is finally puttng it together. Patrick Turner is having a great camp. Hopefully their success will end the USC WR stigma. I also think Steve Smith (NY Giants) will have a solid year.

I am going on record that this draft will produce 3 surefire NFL probowl-bound superstars in Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, and Dez Bryant. All of this talk of Bryant being a low first round pick will end about 2 games into Oklahoma State's season.

i knew you would reply lol.

steve is the only one i think will make it in this league. sorry i still dont want one on this team they for whatever reason just dont translate here. i still gotta watch mays this year to get my verdict but berry and dez i agree.

JerryFan

Reaction score
I doubt we have a shot at him, but Rejus Benn from Illinois is who I want. The guy has super star written all over him. He has all the physical and mental tools in a player to lead and dominate. He has already callled teammates out in front of the team this offseason for being at bars that Illinois players have had problems with and one even stabbed. Kid wants to win in the worst way and will work his butt off to get it. What else could you want?

ghst187

Reaction score
I love Dez Bryant and have always been a big OK St fan but I remember several other WRs from OSU that were unstoppable at OSU and busted in pros: Hart Lee Dykes, Rashaun Woods, Adarius Bowman....
I know everyone will say its a bad reason but I'd steer clear of Dez just for the history of WR busts from OSU

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
you can't go on what other people did

I am still going to watch

Dez Bryant
D Williams
E Decker

RS12

Reaction score
Unless there is a Fitzgerald type cant miss star when the Boys draft, they had better take the best OL available.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
RS12;2886656 said:
Unless there is a Fitzgerald type cant miss star when the Boys draft, they had better take the best OL available.

well I am expecting a first round LT unless Free shows up big

this what I got right now

1OT
2 NT
Boo Robinson, WakeForest Height: 6-2. Weight: 326

3 OG
John Jerry, Ole Miss Height: 6-5. Weight: 350
Brandon Carter, Texas Tech Height: 6-7. Weight: 360
Vladimir Ducasse, UMass 6-5 Weight 330
Mike Iupati, Idaho 6-5 Weight 330

4 WR Eric Decker, Minnesota Height: 6-2. Weight: 215
Bryan Anderson, Central Michigan Height: 6-5. Weight: 215

RS12

Reaction score
UnoDallas;2886715 said:
well I am expecting a first round LT unless Free shows up big

this what I got right now

1OT
2 NT
Boo Robinson, WakeForest Height: 6-2. Weight: 326

3 OG
John Jerry, Ole Miss Height: 6-5. Weight: 350
Brandon Carter, Texas Tech Height: 6-7. Weight: 360
Vladimir Ducasse, UMass 6-5 Weight 330
Mike Iupati, Idaho 6-5 Weight 330

4 WR Eric Decker, Minnesota Height: 6-2. Weight: 215
Bryan Anderson, Central Michigan Height: 6-5. Weight: 215

That would work for me.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ghst187;2886216 said:
I love Dez Bryant and have always been a big OK St fan but I remember several other WRs from OSU that were unstoppable at OSU and busted in pros: Hart Lee Dykes, Rashaun Woods, Adarius Bowman....
I know everyone will say its a bad reason but I'd steer clear of Dez just for the history of WR busts from OSU

Dykes played in a completely different system 20 years ago. Bowman never got to show what he could do on the field because he was in trouble off of it.

I would judge Bryant on his own merit and not on the failings of other Okie St. receivers. In the end he may not be a good pro, but it won't be because of what Dykes, Woods and Bowman did.

ghst187

Reaction score
joseephuss;2892164 said:
Dykes played in a completely different system 20 years ago. Bowman never got to show what he could do on the field because he was in trouble off of it.

I would judge Bryant on his own merit and not on the failings of other Okie St. receivers. In the end he may not be a good pro, but it won't be because of what Dykes, Woods and Bowman did.

agreed, however sometimes schools producing busts at certain positions is engrained due to the system or coaching style that players have difficulty overcoming in the NFL. Just like I wouldn't have drafted a WR or QB from Spurrier-led Florida....or any QB from an Urban Meyer program....but I would always draft an OL from U of Michigan.
Now, beyond that and getting to Dez specifically, I don't foresee him having a ton of success in the pros. He's not getting nfl-quality WR coaching at OSU and too many teams were able to shut him down when it really counted. I'm a big fan, but I just see Dez as another college all-star at the position at OSU that will disappoint in the pros.

cboyd

Reaction score
ghst187;2892712 said:
agreed, however sometimes schools producing busts at certain positions is engrained due to the system or coaching style that players have difficulty overcoming in the NFL. Just like I wouldn't have drafted a WR or QB from Spurrier-led Florida....or any QB from an Urban Meyer program....but I would always draft an OL from U of Michigan.
Now, beyond that and getting to Dez specifically, I don't foresee him having a ton of success in the pros. He's not getting nfl-quality WR coaching at OSU and too many teams were able to shut him down when it really counted. I'm a big fan, but I just see Dez as another college all-star at the position at OSU that will disappoint in the pros.

Ok first off you have no clue about Bryant. First off Bryant has the same WR coach that coached Randy Moss but I guess he is not NFL material??? Dez has shown up in big games like against Oklahoma and Oregon where he set the Holiday Bowl record in a little over half the game. Dez is a freak and will suceed in the NFL. He has rare attributes that NFL craves about. Good Hands, attacking the ball, great jumping ability like Fitzgerald, good speed, leadership, and fights through pain. Oh did I forget to mention he can really return punts.

ghst187

Reaction score
cboyd;2892788 said:
he set the Holiday Bowl record in a little over half the game. QUOTE]

and then disappeared in the second half and his team lost. Ditto OU game. He's not as impressive of a WR as Rashaun Woods was and Woods was a huge bust in the pros. Heck I hope Bryant becomes a probowl WR in the pros but I really think his PR ability may be the thing that keeps him in the league the first few years. I'm not sold on his ability to be a star NFL WR. Maybe he'll prove me wrong this year....i truly hope so...but right now he seems like every other star WR that OSU has had.

cboyd

Reaction score
ghst187;2894520 said:
cboyd;2892788 said:
he set the Holiday Bowl record in a little over half the game. QUOTE]

and then disappeared in the second half and his team lost. Ditto OU game. He's not as impressive of a WR as Rashaun Woods was and Woods was a huge bust in the pros. Heck I hope Bryant becomes a probowl WR in the pros but I really think his PR ability may be the thing that keeps him in the league the first few years. I'm not sold on his ability to be a star NFL WR. Maybe he'll prove me wrong this year....i truly hope so...but right now he seems like every other star WR that OSU has had.

Did you even watch the Holiday Bowl game???? He got hurt and still set the record. He fought through the pain for a little bit until the coaches pulled him. It was a freak accident with the turf. As far as the OU game did you even watch that one?? Oklahoma fans will even tell you that Bryant was really good in that game and that Bryant is awesome. Thats even with Oklahoma really not liking Oklahoma State. Bryant is clearly better than Woods. Every Oklahoma State player will even say that. Bryant will prove you wrong. Its one thing that you dont think he will be a good reciever which is an opinion I will respect but what gets me is when you throw out false information.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2880569 said:

Mays is going to have to start making plays before that happens. Right now he is more hype over his physical skill-set than anything else.

I do think Berry has probowler written all over him. Like Bryant too.