How Big a Test are the Eagles?

dooomsday

Reaction score
Interesting match up and a good test, IMO.

Since the Igles stink I have a feeling a win will only go so far for some critics.

But I like some key components of this game. And they have played betteron both sides of the ball. I think their D is for real.

Match ups:
NFC East match up
Road game, hostile environment
Another chance vs. a PB level QB
Romo/OL Facing a good pass rush
Romo vs. very good CB and S
D gets a tough OL to show it can get to the QB
Run D facing one of the best
Etc....

So there is enough to really test and gauge where were. How much does this win put to rest any questions?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
There's little doubt that if the Cowboys win this evening, the critics will latch on to the game next week in New Jersey as the "real" test.

In my opinion, the next three division games are the test. Dallas needs to win 2 of 3, if not 3 of 3, then the critics will sit down and shut up.

FYI the '92 Cowboys had the same critics. The best way to keep them quiet is to keep winning.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
the ea-girls need this one BAD so i expect them to give an effort unlike none we have seen thus far this season.

plus, it's us, and that's all you need to say about that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When we beat them ..... everyone will discount them as being horrible.

Just like everyone else we have beaten.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Cowboys team is a team that would have been capable of going into Philly in '04 and beating that team in a tight game. Something's wrong if we don't beat them this year under these circumstances.

It shouldn't matter how much they want to win. We're a so-much better team than they are at this point that it shouldn't be all that competitive.

I think this game will look a lot like the Dallas-Minny game a few weeks ago in that we'll be challenged but will eventually suffocate an overmatched opponent and win by 10-14 points.

zack

Reaction score
dooomsday;1742497 said:

Since the Igles stink I have a feeling a win will only go so far for some critics.

But I like some key components of this game. And they have played betteron both sides of the ball. I think their D is for real.

Match ups:
NFC East match up
Etc....

Fact is, who is good and a test in the NFC? Look at the teams that having winning records, can you say that they have beat anyone? Detroit Lions have beat the Bears twice, Oakland, Tampa Bay and are on their way of beating the Broncos (who are really bad, but probably due to having a ton of injuries). Is Detroit good? I have my doubts...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
It's going to be tough...Won't be surprised if Philly comes out hits us right in the mouth. They usually look like they want it more..Yea I said it.

Not being negative but when you lose almost 90% of the time against them You want to see the results on the field..Not paper.

Bizwah

Reaction score
This is a big test due to the fact that this team has had our number. Beating them would go a long way to establishing ourselves as an upper-echelon team. Even though they're down, they're still our biggest threat.

Reaction score
Idgit;1742603 said:
This Cowboys team is a team that would have been capable of going into Philly in '04 and beating that team in a tight game. Something's wrong if we don't beat them this year under these circumstances.

It shouldn't matter how much they want to win. We're a so-much better team than they are at this point that it shouldn't be all that competitive.

I think this game will look a lot like the Dallas-Minny game a few weeks ago in that we'll be challenged but will eventually suffocate an overmatched opponent and win by 10-14 points.

Couldn’t have said it better..........if we can manage to get out and stay out of our own way (penalties, giving up knuckle-head big plays), we should win convincingly.

I'm hoping the '07 Cowboys finally break out of their shell and play sound, solid football that we know they're capable of.

When against a lesser opponent, elite teams execute their game plan, win position battles and maintain a high level of play.

dooomsday

Reaction score
zack;1742791 said:
dooomsday;1742497 said:

Match ups:
NFC East match up
Etc....

Fact is, who is good and a test in the NFC? Look at the teams that having winning records, can you say that they have beat anyone? Detroit Lions have beat the Bears twice, Oakland, Tampa Bay and are on their way of beating the Broncos (who are really bad, but probably due to having a ton of injuries). Is Detroit good? I have my doubts...

Yes, weird year in that regard.

Thats why I will look at the match ups I listed as tests. Igles are not a complete team. But they have some decent units.

A big win today and next week should cement our place as the best team in the NFC. The showdown vs. GB could be huge! Another prime time showdown. This year is fll of them.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Even if the eagles were 0-7 going into this game, I would still think it is a big test. Its a divisional game on the road. It is never easy. Just ask the Commanders in the years that we sucked.

Going in there and winning would be a good win.

Going in there and giving them a beating would be an excellent win.

dooomsday

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;1743007 said:
Even if the eagles were 0-7 going into this game, I would still think it is a big test. Its a divisional game on the road. It is never easy. Just ask the Commanders in the years that we sucked.

Going in there and winning would be a good win.

Going in there and giving them a beating would be an excellent win.

Or ask us in the years the Skins sucked!

Going into Philly alone is a tough test. We needed to get battled tested. These are all small victories anyway, but we need the practice!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
They have real good coaching. Reid is obviously dealing with some difficult stuff off the field.

They have a pretty solid D. I think it's a good test to go up a team that can bring the kind of pressure that they do.

Offensively, they don't have much besides McNabb and Westbrook. Westbrook is one of the best in the game, so shutting him down is always a good thing.

Bottom line, on paper we are much better. Problem is, Philly needs the win. It will be interesting to see how their players respond to the adversity their coach is going through. And it is Dallas week for them. That should be enough to get them amped up for this game.