How bout' this mock draft???

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
#18- Trade down to #24 (CIN) and pick up a 4th: select LB Bobby Carpenter- This guy would just make plays for us. He could excel in the 3-4 as a pass rusher and does an excellent job in coverage as well. This guy may be the most underrated guy in the 1st round.

#49- OG Charles Spencer- there's just something about this guy that i like. He didn't have a great senior year but he is very versatile and could possibly take over for when Flo retires. This guy could very well be a 10 year dominant OL. Just gotta hope he's there at #49.

#80- FS Pat Watkins- this guy could be the steal of the draft. Almost 6'5 and with an impressive 4.42, he could be the perfect compliment to Roy Williams. The thing about him is that he has the room to build solid muscle mass to his frame, so with more strength this guy could be our starter for years to come.

#123 (from CIN)- DT Montavious Stanley- Stanley has decent size and is very powerful. He would be a solid backup to Ferg and would rotate a lot like Parcells does. He had a very good senior season and has a lot of upside.

#150- WR Willie Reid- Great return man and Parcells always preaches about field position. This could be great value for us because Crayton had a decent return average, but he isn't a guy who will take it to the house and isn't very elusive. Reid would fill that void.

#182- FB Rashon Powers-Neal- This guy will probably be available and is a very versatile player. He's great out of the back field, picks up the blitz well but isn't very powerful. However, I think anything over Lousaka Polite is an upgrade.

#224- K Jon Scifres- He's our kickoff guy and would fill another important need because field position will be key in a Bill Parcells offense.

Well that's my mock and I'm mostly going by team needs. At #18 there could be a big name player that drops for some reason and that could change everything. But hypothetically saying that we are able to trade down and still pick up the player we have our eye on, this draft is ok.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
#18- Trade down to #24 (CIN) and pick up a 4th: select LB Bobby Carpenter- This guy would just make plays for us. He could excel in the 3-4 as a pass rusher and does an excellent job in coverage as well. This guy may be the most underrated guy in the 1st round.

#49- OG Charles Spencer- there's just something about this guy that i like. He didn't have a great senior year but he is very versatile and could possibly take over for when Flo retires. This guy could very well be a 10 year dominant OL. Just gotta hope he's there at #49.

#80- FS Pat Watkins- this guy could be the steal of the draft. Almost 6'5 and with an impressive 4.42, he could be the perfect compliment to Roy Williams. The thing about him is that he has the room to build solid muscle mass to his frame, so with more strength this guy could be our starter for years to come.

#123 (from CIN)- DT Montavious Stanley- Stanley has decent size and is very powerful. He would be a solid backup to Ferg and would rotate a lot like Parcells does. He had a very good senior season and has a lot of upside.

#150- WR Willie Reid- Great return man and Parcells always preaches about field position. This could be great value for us because Crayton had a decent return average, but he isn't a guy who will take it to the house and isn't very elusive. Reid would fill that void.

#182- FB Rashon Powers-Neal- This guy will probably be available and is a very versatile player. He's great out of the back field, picks up the blitz well but isn't very powerful. However, I think anything over Lousaka Polite is an upgrade.

#224- K Jon Scifres- He's our kickoff guy and would fill another important need because field position will be key in a Bill Parcells offense.

Well that's my mock and I'm mostly going by team needs. At #18 there could be a big name player that drops for some reason and that could change everything. But hypothetically saying that we are able to trade down and still pick up the player we have our eye on, this draft is ok.

Who is Cincy falling over to trade up for?

TheSport78

Reaction score
Assuming they don't sign Lavar Arrington, i would say either Chad Greenway or Ernie Sims if they fall that far...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:

You bet. I'll take that right now.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I don't think Carpenter will be there at 24. The Giants would grab him if he was still on the board. (Unless Greenway or Lawson were still there but I can't see them falling that far...stranger things have happened, though.)

TheSport78

Reaction score
Tass said:
I don't think Carpenter will be there at 24. The Giants would grab him if he was still on the board. (Unless Greenway or Lawson were still there but I can't see them falling that far...stranger things have happened, though.)

yup that's why we couldn't trade down any farther than 24 b/c the Giants select at 25 so we could sweep Carpenter up b4 the G-Men do

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:

the first 3 are fine but to be honest I don't know a thing about the other 4

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
yup that's why we couldn't trade down any farther than 24 b/c the Giants select at 25 so we could sweep Carpenter up b4 the G-Men do
:shootfoot
Whoops...thought they picked before 24. Well, still...I don't like gambling like that. Some other team might get a wild hair and grab the player you wanted. If your guy is there and it's your pick you grab him. This trading down stuff is too iffy IMO.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:

I like it. Love that we get the future kicker out of this deal as well.

Pokes28

Reaction score
I love day one, but day two really doesn't do anything for me at all.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Why would you trade dow in numbers from a power number of 900 to a power number of 740.
Then only pick up a power number of 54 to supplant the missing power number - off the Draft Pick Value chart.
So we give Cincy a free pass on the slot.
We should be getting their 3rd round pick not their 4th and they should throw in their 7th round pick to boot..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
Why would you trade dow in numbers from a power number of 900 to a power number of 740.
Then only pick up a power number of 54 to supplant the missing power number - off the Draft Pick Value chart.
So we give Cincy a free pass on the slot.
We should be getting their 3rd round pick not their 4th and they should throw in their 7th round pick to boot..
Actually now that I think about it, you are right. If we're moving down that far, we need a third in return, and just stay put.

I would seriously beware of Ellis coming down in a Trade during this draft.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
TheSport78 said:

I could certainly live with this draft.

groverat

Reaction score
Spencer was on a horrible offensive line at Pitt and I haven't found a single Pitt fan who doesn't express surprise that he's even being considered for a 1st day pick.

I'd rather see Max J-G at #49 or even Deuce Lutui before Spencer.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
groverat said:
Spencer was on a horrible offensive line at Pitt and I haven't found a single Pitt fan who doesn't express surprise that he's even being considered for a 1st day pick.

I'd rather see Max J-G at #49 or even Deuce Lutui before Spencer.
Problem is, I think Parcells is targeting smaller quicker linemen.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
TheSport78 said:

i love how you read my signature/post and put it in your own words, that is for our first 3 picks atleast. btw for those of you asking who cincy will trade up for, they are in need of another DB and they will go for Jimmy Williams or Tye Hill or one of the many other DB prospects that should go from 18-23 . . .

thank you "TheSport78" for thinking trading with cincy is a good idea, but still ripped straight from my post . . .