How come our "trouble makers" are not treated this good!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
rysko;2455237 said:
jerrys going to go after plax!!

Your rights as a poster should be removed.:)

I can hear the presser now.

A few lipsmacks, uh uh uh uh we now hu hu hu hu have the top (lipsmack lipsmack) uh best recivers uh lipsmack ever assembled in the NFl.
I truley uh uh uh believe we can stop playing the rest of the uh uh uh season and just uh uh hand us the trophy.

GMen86

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2455221 said:
LOL...presumptiously brought in by you when you said to notice that you left T.O. out of it. LOL, its all good I expect you as a fan to defend and you always show good manners on this board.
But I'm a Cowboys fan tried and true. Fair is Fair if they are in trouble they dont deserve praise no matter what team they are on.
Plax deserves no defense. And I highly doubt he dresses in a Giant uniform again. My post was in response to the original post, that Plax was not drawing the same attention as a Cowboy in the same situation. Maybe true, but I used Pacman and the recruitment of him as a reason why.

Bottom line, Giants are good and the team I least want to face is you guys.

superpunk

Reaction score
They just gave Plax a new contract. Unless they are provided with some "out" from that money, I would bet that he plays for them again. You can't just disregard those economics, and right now Plax's contract is not really managable.

GMen86

Reaction score
superpunk;2455251 said:
They just gave Plax a new contract. Unless they are provided with some "out" from that money, I would bet that he plays for them again. You can't just disregard those economics, and right now Plax's contract is not really managable.
I don't know what the contract reads but I hope that Reese had a behavioral condition in there.

It sucks that Plax has brought this on the Giants, but the team is okay without him.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
He's pleading not guilty to possession of a firearm? How does he explain the gunshot wound to his leg?

"Officer, somebody was hiding in my pants with a gun and they shot me. I'm a victim here."

Or maybe it will be the old "these are not my pants" defense. It rarely works with drugs but I guess he could try it.

"Officer, I didn't know the gun was there because these are not my pants."

If he had been in Texas or Louisiana he could just say it was a mosquito bite but New York City? Maybe he could claim it was a rat bite.

"Officer, that's not a gunshot wound. I had a rat in my pants."

:rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
superpunk;2455251 said:

From what I understand they had a few out clauses, including if he was injuried, or missed time, due to off the field injuries and such. I'd say that a bullet wound to his leg would qualify as an off the field injury.

From what I understand, from a couple of sports show reports, the Giants got themselves a pretty team friendly deal when it comes to avoiding huge cap issues with some of those things. Smart move by the Giants management if that is true.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2455292 said:
From what I understand they had a few out clauses, including if he was injuried, or missed time, due to off the field injuries and such. I'd say that a bullet wound to his leg would qualify as an off the field injury.

From what I understand, from a couple of sports show reports, the Giants got themselves a pretty team friendly deal when it comes to avoiding huge cap issues with some of those things. Smart move by the Giants management if that is true.

I heard the same thing on multiple radio shows, they wanted him gone anyway. This actually worked out well for them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
GMen86;2455159 said:
Plax was a "malcontent" when recruited , absolutely....but not a criminal like Pacman.

Notice I left T.O. out of the conversation. He was Plax X100 when the Cowboys grabbed him.

Thats asinine. First off, the Steelers didn't let him go because he was untalented. They dumped him because he was a freaking head case. He continued that in New York. Now, he is just like Pacman. A criminal. 1000x worse that TO ever was. TO NEVER had trouble with the law.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk;2455251 said:

Conduct detrimental to the team can make his contract more "managable". Ask TO.

We are talking about the Mara's. They are old school and very classy people. While I think many other teams would might give Plax another chance, I'm not sure the Mara's will. Especially of Wellington was still (around) running the show.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
onetrickpony;2455289 said:
He's pleading not guilty to possession of a firearm? How does he explain the gunshot wound to his leg?

"Officer, somebody was hiding in my pants with a gun and they shot me. I'm a victim here."

Or maybe it will be the old "these are not my pants" defense. It rarely works with drugs but I guess he could try it.

"Officer, I didn't know the gun was there because these are not my pants."

If he had been in Texas or Louisiana he could just say it was a mosquito bite but New York City? Maybe he could claim it was a rat bite.

"Officer, that's not a gunshot wound. I had a rat in my pants."

:rolleyes:

:lmao2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I believe Mr. Goody Two Shoes Goodell is monitoring the situation and the NFL Security team is investigating.

As I see it, Plaxico has five problems:

1. Legal problems re the N.Y. gun laws
2. Contract problems with the Giants since he injured himself not in an damnum fatale
3. Possible suspension from the NFL
4. Rehab
5. Oh, also, if Plaxico left the nightclub screaming like a little girl, he might be liable for not paying the bar tab.

In other words, he in a heap o' trouble!

Now, not having practice law since . . . since . . . well never, I can say that there is a fair amount of litigation ahead for Burress. In an ceteris paribus case I would say, based on anecdotal and dosie oats, Burress will be handled in much the same way and standards as a PacMan.

While no court or jury would hold the liar Burress as an odoli incapax he does deserve his day in court. Apart from this Goodell probably will take him to the woodshed.

(I am not an attorney, though I did play one in summer stock and can be greedy and fast and shifty when I wear my $600 suit. My contusions are based on tort law that has no bearing on such cases and the prima basa performa and the bossa nova alluded to are invalid in some states based on APR and actual licensing fees and taxes.)

Smith22

Reaction score
Mike and Mike covered this topic this morning with a legal expert. In his opinion, A. Pierce could face obstruction charges, but unlikely any jail time, and he also said that since this is Plax's 1st strike, he likely wouldn't face jail time either. Both Mike and Mike agree that Plax is done as a Giant regardless.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Should I pick up Amani Toomer on my fantasy football team?

:eek:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“HARRIS SMITH” TURNS HIMSELF IN

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2008, 9:46 a.m. EST

There’s a new alias in the world of NFL players. The infamous moniker of “Ron Mexico” has been replaced by a far less tough-sounding alternative.

Per the New York Post, Giants receiver Plaxico Burress sought treatment for his accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound on Friday night under that name: “Harris Smith.”

The Post also reports that Burress spent 90 minutes after the shooting making calls in an effort to find a hospital where the emergency care would be provided in a discreet manner.

He settled on New York-Cornell, where he gave the phony name and said the incident had occurred at an Applebee’s. Hospital workers recognized that the patient was actually Plaxico Burress, and the hospital failed to report the gunshot wound, despite the clear requirements of New York Penal Law Section 265.25.

Per Section 265.25, ”Every case of a bullet wound, gunshot wound, powder burn or any other injury arising from or caused by the discharge of a gun or firearm . . . shall be reported at once to the police authorities of the city, town or village where the person reporting is located by . . . the physician attending or treating the case; or . . . the manager, superintendent or other person in charge, whenever such case is treated in a hospital, sanitarium or other institution. Failure to make such report is a class A misdemeanor.”

So, basically, the doctor who treated Burress and/or the manager in charge of the facility at the time Burress arrived could end up being Plaxico’s cellmate.

Meanwhile, Burress a/k/a Harris Smith has surrendered to authorities on Monday regarding the shooting. He did not speak to the media as he walked into the police precinct, and he was not visibly limping less than three full days after putting a bullet through his own thigh.

The charges are expected to be felony possession of a firearm and felony reckless endangerment.

But to the extent that Burress is feeling sad about his current situation, he didn’t show it on Sunday night. According to the New York Daily News, Burress was “laughing” about the state of affairs on Sunday night.

He called me laughing and grinning,” Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said. “He is doing fine. He is feeling good. I called him and made a few jokes about the situation and he laughed — which is what I wanted to hear.”

Remorse and contrition might be better emotions to project at a time when the facts and the law seem to be stacked against Plaxico. His primary audience at this point is the prosecutor who’ll decide whether to throw the book at Burress or cut a deal that lets him walk away with a slap on the wrist to go along with the scar on his thigh.

Though some of our readers think that Burress will skate because of his fame, we think there’s a chance that his fame could do him in. Really, what better way is there to ensure that the citizens of New York realize the consequences of illegally possessing a firearm than to prosecute a high-profile defendant on such charges to the full extent of the law?

The widespread deterrent effect that flows from a criminal trial against a celebrity is extremely valuable to law enforcement. Martha Stewart’s case showed us all that lying to the cops is not tolerated. Barry Bonds’ case demonstrates that perjury isn’t a standard practice whenever someone wants to avoid the consequences of cheating in sports, or any other misconduct they’d prefer to conceal. Scooter Libby’s prosecution proved that the concept of “all’s fair” doesn’t apply to politics. And Mike Vick a/k/a Ron Mexico’s case undoubtedly resulted in the abandonment of dogfighting operations in multiple jurisdictions.

If New York genuinely wants to keep guns from being carried into public places by persons who lack the appropriate permission to do so — and likewise to ensure that the guns don’t go off and injure or kill innocent bystanders — the best way to make it happen might be to make an example out of Plaxico Burress.

kevwun

Reaction score
Burress was really inconsistent when he was a Steeler. He never seemed to be able to have 2 good years in a row.