How confident are you in our running backs

How confident are you in our running backs

• Total voters

AstroPilota

Reaction score
I think it all hinges on the O-Line. The guys we have should be serviceable as long as they get some blocking. The passing game is way above average as-is (with a healthy, in-shape, in-time Lamb) so we don't necessarily need a pro-bowl RB to be successful.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think this group is completely Oline dependent. I'm confident that they can replicate last seasons numbers, but thats about it. Situationally I think Zeke gives them an advantage in short yardage and possibly in pass pro. They completely lack a well rounded RB though.

Einstein

Reaction score
I'd say it is a steady group. Not going to dominate any game, but not going to get dominated either as a group.

Praxit

Reaction score
....My trio for 24':

Zeke
Freeman
Dowdle

Vaughn will be holding the clip board again.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
This is the all time worst RB room in franchise history, and I’d rank this room #32 of 32.

The lead runner is going to be Zeke, who doesn't even deserve a spot on the roster, especially since he’s being paid two pools of $$$.

The number two is going to be uncle Rico, the runner, not the peaked in HS QB. :laugh:

The O-line is going to be better than I expected, with nobody to carry the rock.

starfan1

Reaction score
alot of it depends on the blocking which i feel has been an issue in run game for awhile now. I went not very confident but I could easily go to fairly confident if the the blocking is there.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Better than last year ....... but we only have 1 over the hill starter and a bunch of either jags or change of pace backs.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the all time worst RB room in franchise history, and I’d rank this room #32 of 32.

The lead runner is going to be Zeke, who doesn't even deserve a spot on the roster, especially since he’s being paid two pools of $$$.

The number two is going to be uncle Rico, the runner, not the peaked in HS QB. :laugh:

The O-line is going to be better than I expected, with nobody to carry the rock.
I guess in 1989 they at least started the season with Herschel Walker but once traded, the starter was Paul Palmer. They had Emmitt in 1990 so the next modernish contestant would have to be 2003 with Troy Hambrick as the starter. For some reason, I remember the name Erik Bickerstaff for that team.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I guess in 1989 they at least started the season with Herschel Walker but once traded, the starter was Paul Palmer. They had Emmitt in 1990 so the next modernish contestant would have to be 2003 with Troy Hambrick as the starter. For some reason, I remember the name Erik Bickerstaff for that team.
Walker was by himself better than the entire 2024 RB room. Palmer was average at best, but played one good game against Washington to avoid the 0-16 season.

Hambrick of 2003 is a good comparison. He'd fit right in with 2024, though he did have a 1000 combined yard season. I don't expect that out of any of our current RBs. I figure Zeke will lead the way with 700 yards and 4 or 5 TDs.

2003DAL16162759723.542517995.8130