How did Brad Johnson look in preseason?

kevin11

Reaction score
Just curious, did he look like Brunell of 2006?

Dip and dunk..or was he forcing throws?

Ren

Reaction score
he looked ok with the first team o line, but he looked awful with the 2nd team. The way this team has been blocking the last few weeks... :bang2:

kevin11

Reaction score
Honestly, I really don't think you'll miss romo that much. TO might, but, romo was good against the cards because they didn't cover the 5 yard pass. BJ can throw a dunk pass.

You guys will probably go 2-1 in your next stretch.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
He actually looked pretty good. He completed a high percentage of his passes and maintained an impressive YPA.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of johnson, but he will protect the ball and not take as many chances and will have respect in that huddle. You think Bill Bellichick wouldn't take Brad johnson on his team at the present time. Things could be worse guys.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
kevin11;2334603 said:

I saw BJ throw deep, people act like he can't throw thee ball 40 yards, he can...

Also people act like we gonna throw bombs all day. he might have to throw deep 3 or 4 times a game which BJ is very capable of doing.......otherwise he will dink and dunk and hit check off recievers and move the chains, also BJ is very good at playaction.... Watch..........

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
See more max protect, 2 te sets. Lots of Barber, Choice Witten and the occasional bomb to TO.

Kosier cannot come soon enough.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I was worried in the offseason about BJ, but he looked very solid in the preseason. I think he will do the job. Obviously the team has to step up and help him out.

Ren

Reaction score
the bomb to Austin in the denver game didn't look like a noodle arm to me, if the O line decides to block for a few weeks we might not lose all 3 games

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I think he was 26/40 for 300 or so yards in preseason. Had 1 TD and 1 INT. His QB rating was a modest 87, while Romo was around 96. Romo had the benefit of playing with starters though.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
He looked pretty good when he had something to work with. When he was asked to carry the second and third teamers, it was miserable, but that should be expected.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
Ren;2334646 said:
the bomb to Austin in the denver game didn't look like a noodle arm to me, if the O line decides to block for a few weeks we might not lose all 3 games

was gonna say the same thing...he looked pretty good vs. Denver..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has freckles...I don't trust freckles.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hope everyones optomistic views of Johnson starting are correct. If he can land us a 2-1 record in this stretch I'd be thrilled beyond belief.

I'm just not sure that I believe that he's going to get that done.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I posted something similar in another thread, but I suppose one thing in our favor is that Johnson has a different style than Romo, and opposing teams have to gameplan differently.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Brad looked pretty good behind the first string OLine, but now that the 1st string OLine looks like the 2nd string OLine, he might not fare so well.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
kevin11;2334603 said:

Solid....moved like a constapated old man though.